Subject: bug#59897: closed (Re: bug#59897: 29.0.60; csharp-ts-mode: variable-name fontified as method when invoking method with generic type-argument.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 22:20:02 +0000

Your bug report

#59897: 29.0.60; csharp-ts-mode: variable-name fontified as method when invoking method with generic type-argument.

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
59897: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59897
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#59897: 29.0.60; csharp-ts-mode: variable-name fontified as method when invoking method with generic type-argument.
From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 14:19:33 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> On Dec 11, 2022, at 11:58 PM, Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> On 09.12.2022 22:12, Theodor Thornhill wrote:
>>> Hey guys.
>>> 
>>> This patch seems to have been left out, or slightly forgotten.
>>> 
>>> Yuan, I think in this case we are going to prefer my patch over Theo's
>>> since it fixes 2 issues, instead of just 1.
>>> 
>>> Could you install this? :)
>>> 
>> I concur :-)
> 
> Looking at my local emacs-29 branch it seems also this patch been "forgotten" and not been applied.
> 
> Do you have time to get this installed, Yuan?

Yes, of course, my apologies :-) Also, beautiful commit message, Jostein, I love it :-)

Yuan

Subject: 29.0.60; csharp-ts-mode: variable-name fontified as method when invoking method with generic type-argument.
From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 10:29:15 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I use the new csharp-ts-mode, method fontification is usually accurate with only 1 exception which I have encountered so far:

When calling methods on objects, and that method accepts a generic type-argument. You typically see this in Startup.cs-like files in ASP.Net Core projects:

services.AddSomeExtensionWithoutTypeArguments();
services.AddSomeExtensionWithTypeArguments<MyType>();

In the above cases we see that fontification of "services" differs.

For the first line, services is fontified using font-lock-variable-name-face (correct), but in the latter case services is fontified using font-lock-function-name-face (incorrect).

In both cases I expected services to be fontified using font-lock-variable-name-face.

--
Jostein

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-12-08 built on dev-jostein
Repository revision: 8fb2afe051168b2eac2bba0ee102039d0af90a05
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201001
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
'configure --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nb_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nb_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: nb_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C#

Minor modes in effect:
  electric-pair-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  treesit-explore-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  highlight-symbol-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  nlinum-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  ede-minor-mode: t
  dap-tooltip-mode: t
  dap-ui-many-windows-mode: t
  dap-ui-controls-mode: t
  dap-ui-mode: t
  treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
  treemacs-follow-mode: t
  treemacs-git-mode: t
  treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
  dap-auto-configure-mode: t
  dap-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  ido-yes-or-no-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/jostein/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20221202.1727/transient hides /home/jostein/build/emacs/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums face-remap semantic/lex-spp ede/emacs semantic/db
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local bug-reference helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval
helm-info view vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher disp-table elec-pair
csharp-mode cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs winner ffap tramp-archive
tramp-gvfs tramp-cache warnings time-stamp zeroconf dbus add-log lsp-zig
lsp-steep lsp-svelte lsp-sqls lsp-ruby-syntax-tree lsp-yaml lsp-xml
lsp-vimscript lsp-vhdl lsp-volar lsp-vetur lsp-html lsp-verilog lsp-vala
lsp-v lsp-typeprof lsp-ttcn3 lsp-toml lsp-terraform lsp-tex lsp-sorbet
lsp-solargraph lsp-rust lsp-rf lsp-remark lsp-racket lsp-r
lsp-purescript lsp-pylsp lsp-pyls lsp-php lsp-pls lsp-perlnavigator
lsp-perl lsp-openscad lsp-ocaml lsp-magik lsp-nix lsp-nim lsp-nginx
lsp-mint lsp-marksman lsp-markdown lsp-lua lsp-kotlin lsp-json
lsp-javascript lsp-idris lsp-haxe lsp-groovy lsp-hack lsp-graphql
lsp-gleam lsp-go lsp-completion lsp-gdscript lsp-fsharp lsp-fortran
lsp-eslint lsp-erlang lsp-emmet lsp-elixir lsp-elm lsp-dockerfile
lsp-dhall lsp-d lsp-css lsp-csharp gnutls lsp-crystal lsp-cmake
lsp-clojure lsp-semantic-tokens lsp-clangd lsp-beancount lsp-bash
lsp-astro lsp-ansible lsp-angular lsp-ada lsp-actionscript
ido-completing-read+ memoize minibuf-eldef elisp-slime-nav paredit
editorconfig editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle
editorconfig-fnmatch realgud realgud-zshdb realgud:zshdb-track-mode
realgud:zshdb-core realgud:zshdb-init realgud-trepan3k
realgud:trepan3k-track-mode realgud:trepan3k-core realgud:trepan3k-init
realgud-trepan2 realgud:trepan2-track-mode realgud:trepan2-core
realgud:trepan2-init realgud-trepanpl realgud:trepanpl-track-mode
realgud:trepanpl-core realgud:trepanpl-init realgud-trepanjs
realgud:trepanjs-track-mode realgud:trepanjs-core realgud:trepanjs-init
realgud-lang-js realgud-trepan realgud:trepan-track-mode
realgud:trepan-core realgud:trepan-init realgud-remake
realgud:remake-track-mode realgud:remake-core realgud:remake-init
realgud-rdebug realgud-rdebug-track-mode realgud-rdebug-core
realgud-rdebug-init realgud-lang-ruby realgud-perldb
realgud:perldb-track-mode realgud:perldb-core realgud:perldb-init
realgud-lang-perl realgud-pdb realgud:pdb-track-mode realgud:pdb-core
realgud:pdb-init realgud-lang-python python treesit realgud-kshdb
realgud:kshdb-track-mode realgud:kshdb-core realgud:kshdb-init
realgud-gub realgud:gub-track-mode realgud:gub-core realgud:gub-init
realgud-gdb realgud:gdb-track-mode realgud:gdb-init realgud:gdb-core
realgud-bashdb realgud:bashdb-track-mode realgud:bashdb-core
realgud:bashdb-init realgud-lang-posix-shell realgud:run
realgud-locals-mode realgud-breakpoint-mode realgud-backtrack-mode
realgud-track-mode realgud-backtrace-mode realgud-attach
realgud-lang-java realgud-track realgud-shortkey realgud-menu
realgud-eval realgud-cmds realgud-send realgud-window realgud-utils
eshell realgud-init realgud-file realgud-core realgud-reset
realgud-buffer-helper realgud-buffer-breakpoint realgud-buffer-backtrace
realgud-locals realgud-buffer-locals realgud-buffer-command
realgud-buffer-info realgud-lochist realgud-bp realgud-bp-image-data
realgud-lang esh-mode esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg
esh-module esh-groups esh-util cus-start realgud-loc
realgud-buffer-source realgud-key key realgud-follow realgud-fringe
realgud-helper loc-changes realgud-regexp realgud-custom load-relative
flycheck highlight-symbol which-func edebug debug backtrace nlinum linum
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company-web-html company-web company-css
web-completion-data company eww url-queue shr pixel-fill kinsoku
url-file svg mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util
mail-prsvr ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/detect ede/base ede/auto
ede/source eieio-base eieio-speedbar speedbar ezimage dframe
eieio-custom cedet dap-mouse dap-ui lsp-treemacs lsp-treemacs-generic
lsp-treemacs-themes treemacs-treelib treemacs treemacs-header-line
treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode treemacs-interface
treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode treemacs-follow-mode
treemacs-rendering treemacs-annotations treemacs-async
treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator treemacs-scope pulse treemacs-faces
treemacs-icons treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros gdb-mi bindat
gud bui bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history bui-button
bui-utils lsp-lens dap-gdb-lldb dap-netcore dap-node dap-utils dom xml
dap-pwsh lsp-pwsh dap-python dap-mode dap-tasks dap-launch lsp-docker
yaml posframe dap-overlays undo-tree diff queue doom-modeline
doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core shrink-path
compat compat-macs projectile lisp-mnt grep ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs helm-imenu ob-plantuml org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs
ido-yes-or-no advice ido helm-mode helm-misc helm-files image-dired
image-dired-tags image-dired-external image-dired-util xdg image-mode
dired dired-loaddefs exif tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration cus-edit pp cus-load files-x tramp-compat shell
pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp helm-buffers helm-occur
helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp format-spec helm-utils
helm-help helm-types helm helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu edmacro
kmacro helm-core easy-mmode async-bytecomp helm-source helm-multi-match
helm-lib async helm-config delsel cl-extra autorevert server hl-line
lsp-mode lsp-protocol yasnippet help-mode xref project tree-widget
wid-edit spinner pcase network-stream puny nsm markdown-mode color
thingatpt noutline outline icons lv inline imenu ht filenotify f
f-shortdoc shortdoc s ewoc epg rfc6068 epg-config dash dracula-theme
compile-eslint compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color
ring cl finder-inf tree-sitter-indent-autoloads expand-region-autoloads
ido-yes-or-no-autoloads nodejs-repl-autoloads marmalade-client-autoloads
doom-modeline-autoloads elisp-slime-nav-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads dracula-theme-autoloads
git-timemachine-autoloads crontab-mode-autoloads
highlight-symbol-autoloads ssh-config-mode-autoloads langtool-autoloads
dap-mode-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads treemacs-autoloads
cfrs-autoloads posframe-autoloads gh-autoloads marshal-autoloads
logito-autoloads pcache-autoloads kv-autoloads toml-mode-autoloads
company-web-autoloads shrink-path-autoloads realgud-autoloads
realgud-recursive-autoloads load-relative-autoloads paredit-autoloads
bui-autoloads tree-sitter-langs-autoloads helpful-autoloads
elisp-refs-autoloads magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads flycheck-package-autoloads
package-lint-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
macrostep-autoloads lsp-docker-autoloads yaml-autoloads
lsp-mode-autoloads spinner-autoloads f-autoloads hydra-autoloads
nlinum-autoloads ht-autoloads loc-changes-autoloads transient-autoloads
compat-autoloads web-mode-autoloads undo-tree-autoloads queue-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads bmx-mode-autoloads company-autoloads
test-simple-autoloads js2-mode-autoloads web-autoloads s-autoloads
ido-completing-read+-autoloads memoize-autoloads lv-autoloads
imenu-anywhere-autoloads helm-projectile-autoloads projectile-autoloads
helm-autoloads popup-autoloads helm-core-autoloads async-autoloads
tree-sitter-autoloads tsc-autoloads editorconfig-autoloads
json-mode-autoloads rx json-snatcher-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
web-completion-data-autoloads cargo-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
pfuture-autoloads flycheck-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads
info dash-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 592007 30876)
(symbols 48 54353 1)
(strings 32 189953 13159)
(string-bytes 1 6128946)
(vectors 16 108411)
(vector-slots 8 2026816 187502)
(floats 8 550 561)
(intervals 56 4720 24)
(buffers 992 25))

--
Vennlig hilsen
Jostein Kjønigsen

[email-masked] 🍵 [email-masked]
https://jostein.kjønigsen.no <https://jostein.xn--kjnigsen-64a.no/>