Subject: bug#59883:

From: Johann Höchtl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 13:45:59 +0100

I dug deeper into the problem:

* When I open a very small golang-project, eglot interconnects correctly
with gopls
* When I open a larger golang-project, eglot fails to communicate with
gopls. In fact, it fails to direct gopls to load the project as gopls stays
at a very small memory footprint.

When I uninstall go-mode OR find-file-literally *.go and later enable
eglot, gopls  is correctly "directed" to load the project, because memory
consumption is much higher. In this case it also reports back to eglot
"loading packages" and "finished loading packages".

Sidenote: However I cannot interact any further with the LS as eglot
doens't consider any buffer as managed:

cl-no-applicable-method: No applicable method: eglot--managed-buffers, nil
eldoc error: (jsonrpc-error No current JSON-RPC connection
(jsonrpc-error-code . 32603) (jsonrpc-error-message . No current JSON-RPC
connection))
mouse-minibuffer-check: Minibuffer window is not active

but I guess this is because the buffer has no mode eglot considers to be
supported.

Sidenote2: If I enable go-mode for this buffer (thus triggering
eglot-ensure in .emacs) , a second gopls process is spawned yet without
communication between eglot and gopls.