Subject: bug#59883: closed (Re: bug#59883: Eglot gopls failed to connect)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 19:36:02 +0000

Your bug report

#59883: Eglot gopls failed to connect

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
59883: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59883
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#59883: Eglot gopls failed to connect
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Johann Höchtl <[email-masked]>
Cc: João Távora <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 12:35:44 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Johann Höchtl <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Are you still seeing this?
>
> No, for me it was fixed with an update to jsonrpc which was then included
> into emacs 29.1.

Thanks for reporting back.  I'm therefore closing this bug report.

Subject: Eglot gopls failed to connect
From: Johann Höchtl <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 14:50:35 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Using Emacs build
https://github.com/kiennq/emacs-build/releases/tag/v29.169.20221201.4a23421

has builtin eglot: yes

Running under git bash,Windows 10, German

I am developing golang, the go LSP server is gopls. Installed @latest from

golang.org/x/tools/gopls v0.10.1
    golang.org/x/tools/[email-masked]
h1:JoHe17pdZ8Vsa24/GUO8iTVTKPh0EOBiWpPop7XJybI=

Messages are:

[eglot] Connected! Server `gopls' now managing `(go-mode go-dot-mod-mode
go-dot-work-mode)' buffers in project `kennzahlenmonitor'.
Error in menu-bar-update-hook (imenu-update-menubar): (jsonrpc-error
"request id=2 failed:" (jsonrpc-error-message . "Timed out"))

The EGLOT Buffer has these entries:
[client-notification] Wed Dec  7 14:43:57 2022:
(:jsonrpc "2.0" :method "textDocument/didOpen" :params
 (:textDocument
  (:uri
"file:///c%3A/Users/HoechtlJ/code/kennzahlenmonitor/kennzahlenmonitor/units/serviceware/serviceware.go"
:version 0 :languageId "go" :text
 [... snip ...]

[client-request] (id:6) Wed Dec  7 14:43:58 2022:
(:jsonrpc "2.0" :id 6 :method "textDocument/documentSymbol" :params
 (:textDocument
  (:uri
"file:///c%3A/Users/HoechtlJ/code/kennzahlenmonitor/kennzahlenmonitor/units/serviceware/serviceware.go")))
[client-request] (id:7) Wed Dec  7 14:44:13 2022:
(:jsonrpc "2.0" :id 7 :method "textDocument/signatureHelp" :params
 (:textDocument
  (:uri
"file:///c%3A/Users/HoechtlJ/code/kennzahlenmonitor/kennzahlenmonitor/units/serviceware/serviceware.go")
  :position
  (:line 0 :character 0)))
[client-request] (id:8) Wed Dec  7 14:44:13 2022:
(:jsonrpc "2.0" :id 8 :method "textDocument/hover" :params
 (:textDocument
  (:uri
"file:///c%3A/Users/HoechtlJ/code/kennzahlenmonitor/kennzahlenmonitor/units/serviceware/serviceware.go")
  :position
  (:line 0 :character 0)))
[client-request] (id:9) Wed Dec  7 14:44:13 2022:
(:jsonrpc "2.0" :id 9 :method "textDocument/documentHighlight" :params
 (:textDocument
  (:uri
"file:///c%3A/Users/HoechtlJ/code/kennzahlenmonitor/kennzahlenmonitor/units/serviceware/serviceware.go")
  :position
  (:line 0 :character 0)))
[internal] (id:7) Wed Dec  7 14:44:23 2022:
(:timed-out :textDocument/signatureHelp :id 7 :params
(:textDocument
(:uri
"file:///c%3A/Users/HoechtlJ/code/kennzahlenmonitor/kennzahlenmonitor/units/serviceware/serviceware.go")
:position
(:line 0 :character 0)))
[internal] (id:8) Wed Dec  7 14:44:23 2022:
(:timed-out :textDocument/hover :id 8 :params
(:textDocument
(:uri
"file:///c%3A/Users/HoechtlJ/code/kennzahlenmonitor/kennzahlenmonitor/units/serviceware/serviceware.go")
:position
(:line 0 :character 0)))
[internal] (id:9) Wed Dec  7 14:44:23 2022:
(:timed-out :textDocument/documentHighlight :id 9 :params
(:textDocument
(:uri
"file:///c%3A/Users/HoechtlJ/code/kennzahlenmonitor/kennzahlenmonitor/units/serviceware/serviceware.go")
:position
(:line 0 :character 0)))

Symptom is, that the LSP server is running but actually not in a working
state. Memory consumption is stable (low) but the server doens't seem to
respond to request.

If the project is very small, the server works.

It seems the server is not yet ready scanning packages yet has to answer
requests.

Under some very rare circumstances even on a large codebase gopls works.
Icouldn't yet identify a pattern when this is the case.