Subject: bug#59882: Multiple versions of Org in load-path problem

From: Max Nikulin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 19:25:49 +0700

On 26/12/2022 18:01, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> Ihor Radchenko writes:
>> 1. ~/Git/with-emacs.sh/with-emacs.sh -e emacs-27 -O -- -l org
> I was finally able to reproduce using emacs-26.
> 
> Maybe your Emacs 27 is older than mine? I have GNU Emacs 27.2

Debian stable and Ubuntu LTS have Emacs-27.1 only, so I am testing 
1:27.1+1-3ubuntu5

Following the with-emacs.sh script I have tried

mkdir /tmp/emcs
emacs --quick --eval '(setq user-emacs-directory "/tmp/emcs/")' --eval 
'(setq user-init-file "/tmp/emcs/init.el")' -l package --eval '(setq 
package-user-dir "/tmp/emcs/elpa/")' --eval '(package-initialize)' 
--eval '(package-refresh-contents)' -l org

I had no problem to select Org-9.6 from the buffer generated by 
`list-packages'. Compilation errors and the error during next startup 
are the same as I reported before.

I found just single commit to lisp/emacs-lisp/package.el between 
emacs-27.1 and emacs-27.2:

1fc9de4b81c 2020-10-30 19:20:24 -0700 Glenn Morris: Improve 
reproducibility of generated -pkg.el files

So I am still surprised that you can not reproduce the issue.