Subject: bug#59882: Multiple versions of Org in load-path problem

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 09:51:01 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> So, 'describe-variable' on org-version causes Org to be loaded?!?
>
> Why is it so surprising?  Is this the first time you see that a Help
> command loads something to do its job?

On a related note, is it normal that package like org-mouse.el gets
loaded upon calling C-h f org-mouse- <TAB> completion prompt?
org-mouse.el does not contain a single autoload cookie.

I am asking because org-mouse.el advises some functions and its loading
may cause unexpected consequences. See
https://orgmode.org/list/[email-masked]

At the same time, we have users complaining about some defcustoms not
being available without loading.
https://orgmode.org/list/[email-masked]

I feel confused about the situation.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>