Subject: Re: bug#59882: Multiple versions of Org in load-path problem

From: Bhavin Gandhi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 22:28:45 +0530

On Wed, 22 Feb 2023 at 16:17, Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Bhavin Gandhi <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > I'm able to reproduce this on Fedora 37, Emacs 28.2.
> >
> > In Fedora we have:
> > - /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.el (has code to load .el and .elc
> > from /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d).
> > - /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/default.el (sets smime-CA-directory).
>
> May I know what is the contents of
> /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d ?

These are init files specific to other packages installed via OS package
manager. But those are not loaded, it seems in the above steps. I tried to
run (featurep 'clang-format) and it returned nil, while this returns t
in my normal Emacs instance.

$ ls -1 /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/
autoconf-init.el
  https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/autoconf/blob/rawhide/f/autoconf-init.el
clang-format.el
clang-include-fixer.el
clang-rename.el
cmake-init.el
  https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/cmake/blob/rawhide/f/cmake-init.el
desktop-entry-mode-init.el
  https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/desktop-file-utils/blob/rawhide/f/desktop-entry-mode-init.el
gtypist-init.el
  https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/gtypist/blob/rawhide/f/gtypist.spec#_43-46
mercurial-site-start.el
  https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/mercurial/blob/rawhide/f/mercurial-site-start.el

None of these load org-mode.

--
Bhavin Gandhi (bhavin192) | https://geeksocket.in