Subject: [bug#59867] Update mbedtls-apache to 3.2.1

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 14:59:53 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for the contribution.

On mer., 07 déc. 2022 at 01:01, Gabriel Wicki <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Working with it i realized today that mbedtls is somewhat outdated in
> Guix, so i took the liberty of creating an update patch.  Following the
> comments in the package definition i realized that updating mbedtls
> would break hiawatha, since that project upgraded to mbedtls 3 with
> version 11.  So i updatet that package as well.
> I removed the snippets in both source blocks since they aren't needed
> anymore.

I get this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix refresh -l mbedtls-apache
Building the following 52 packages would ensure 312 dependent packages are rebuilt: [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]+0 [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

which means it is tangent for master. :-)  Have you rebuilt all these?
Does the update only break hiawatha?

Then, it is not a clean patch; it is not straightforward apply. :-)

Please, could you use “git-send-email” as recommended by the manual [1].
Please mention the base commit against which the patch applies, it helps
as in this case when the file gnu/packages/tls.scm has changed in the
mean time.

Could you send v2?

1: <https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Submitting-Patches>

Thanks,
simon