Subject: bug#5984: closed (Re: Bug 5984)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:02:02 +0000

Your bug report

#5984: Crash displaying composed characters

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
5984: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5984
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Bug 5984
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:01:38 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Bug#5984 is still not closed.  Andreas suggested a fix that eliminates
> the crash, so I think it should be installed at least in the Emacs-23
> branch.  I don't think we should release Emacs 23.2 with such a bad
> crash.

I was hoping for a bit more discussion on that patch, but since none
seems forthcoming, I have checked it into the emacs-23 branch.  Thanks
for the reminder.

Subject: Crash displaying composed characters
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Bug-Gnu-Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:42:16 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: emacs
Version: 24.0.50

Discussed in the thread of bug#5973

    Juanma

Breakpoint 1, w32_abort () at w32fns.c:7349
7349      button = MessageBox (NULL,
(gdb) bt
#0  w32_abort () at w32fns.c:7349
#1  0x012be7c9 in temp_set_point_both (buffer=0x34b6e00, charpos=32,
bytepos=33) at intervals.c:1944
#2  0x012772b4 in autocmp_chars (cft_element=50852182, charpos=29,
bytepos=29, limit=31, win=0x350b400, face=0x4e8c100, string=49838082)
   at composite.c:1002
#3  0x01278591 in composition_reseat_it (cmp_it=0x88db74, charpos=29,
bytepos=29, endpos=32, w=0x350b400, face=0x4e8c100, string=49838082)
   at composite.c:1147
#4  0x01069fcb in next_element_from_buffer (it=0x88d6f8) at xdisp.c:6834
#5  0x01066642 in get_next_display_element (it=0x88d6f8) at xdisp.c:5828
#6  0x0106a6ff in move_it_in_display_line_to (it=0x88d6f8,
to_charpos=32, to_x=-1, op=MOVE_TO_POS) at xdisp.c:7087
#7  0x0106bca3 in move_it_to (it=0x88d6f8, to_charpos=32, to_x=-1,
to_y=-1, to_vpos=-1, op=8) at xdisp.c:7588
#8  0x01071704 in resize_mini_window (w=0x350b400, exact_p=0) at xdisp.c:9083
#9  0x01070ec4 in display_echo_area_1 (a1=55620608, a2=49838082, a3=0,
a4=0) at xdisp.c:8946
#10 0x0106fa35 in with_echo_area_buffer (w=0x350b400, which=0,
fn=0x1070e9e <display_echo_area_1>, a1=55620608, a2=49838082, a3=0,
a4=0)
   at xdisp.c:8733
#11 0x01070e6c in display_echo_area (w=0x350b400) at xdisp.c:8914
#12 0x01072a21 in echo_area_display (update_frame_p=1) at xdisp.c:9512
#13 0x0106e656 in message3_nolog (m=85027169, nbytes=32, multibyte=1)
at xdisp.c:8409
#14 0x0106e135 in message3 (m=85027169, nbytes=32, multibyte=1) at xdisp.c:8344
#15 0x01224ccc in Fmessage (nargs=2, args=0x88e1c4) at editfns.c:3408
#16 0x0103c58e in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x88e1c0) at eval.c:3005
#17 0x011ef7d8 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=82551569, vector=51162213,
maxdepth=12) at bytecode.c:680
#18 0x0103d67c in funcall_lambda (fun=51162085, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88e474) at eval.c:3211
#19 0x0103ce9c in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88e470) at eval.c:3070
#20 0x011ef7d8 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=81809201, vector=81013253,
maxdepth=88) at bytecode.c:680
#21 0x0103d67c in funcall_lambda (fun=50937029, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88e774) at eval.c:3211
#22 0x0103ce9c in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88e770) at eval.c:3070
#23 0x011ef7d8 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=81802801, vector=82790149,
maxdepth=20) at bytecode.c:680
#24 0x0103d67c in funcall_lambda (fun=50937349, nargs=3,
arg_vector=0x88ea34) at eval.c:3211
#25 0x0103ce9c in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x88ea30) at eval.c:3070
#26 0x011ef7d8 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=81805217, vector=84959173,
maxdepth=16) at bytecode.c:680
#27 0x0103d67c in funcall_lambda (fun=50938597, nargs=3,
arg_vector=0x88ece4) at eval.c:3211
#28 0x0103ce9c in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x88ece0) at eval.c:3070
#29 0x011ef7d8 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=81009409, vector=50466597,
maxdepth=16) at bytecode.c:680
#30 0x0103d67c in funcall_lambda (fun=50464837, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88ef94) at eval.c:3211
#31 0x0103ce9c in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88ef90) at eval.c:3070
#32 0x011ef7d8 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=81523921, vector=82526981,
maxdepth=64) at bytecode.c:680
#33 0x0103d67c in funcall_lambda (fun=50940261, nargs=3,
arg_vector=0x88f274) at eval.c:3211
#34 0x0103ce9c in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x88f270) at eval.c:3070
#35 0x011ef7d8 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=81523921, vector=82526981,
maxdepth=64) at bytecode.c:680
#36 0x0103d67c in funcall_lambda (fun=50940261, nargs=3,
arg_vector=0x88f554) at eval.c:3211
#37 0x0103ce9c in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x88f550) at eval.c:3070
#38 0x011ef7d8 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=81009361, vector=82654149,
maxdepth=20) at bytecode.c:680
#39 0x0103d67c in funcall_lambda (fun=50466757, nargs=2,
arg_vector=0x88f864) at eval.c:3211
#40 0x0103ce9c in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x88f860) at eval.c:3070
#41 0x011f4c10 in Fcall_interactively (function=50004498,
record_flag=49838082, keys=49859333) at callint.c:869
#42 0x0103ca53 in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x88fb30) at eval.c:3030
#43 0x0103bf25 in call3 (fn=49990114, arg1=50004498, arg2=49838082,
arg3=49838082) at eval.c:2850
#44 0x010222a9 in Fcommand_execute (cmd=50004498,
record_flag=49838082, keys=49838082, special=49838082) at
keyboard.c:10345
#45 0x01008862 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1756
#46 0x010389aa in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x10072be
<command_loop_1>, handlers=49894618, hfun=0x10069e5 <cmd_error>) at
eval.c:1490
#47 0x01006ebf in command_loop_2 () at keyboard.c:1356
#48 0x0103842c in internal_catch (tag=49893810, func=0x1006e9a
<command_loop_2>, arg=49838082) at eval.c:1226
#49 0x01006e78 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1335
#50 0x010060f0 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:950
#51 0x0100660b in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:1012
#52 0x01002a95 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbe2b58) at emacs.c:1784

Lisp Backtrace:
"message" (0x88e1c4)
"edebug-previous-result" (0x88e474)
"edebug-display" (0x88e774)
"edebug-debugger" (0x88ea34)
"edebug-after" (0x88ece4)
0x3020845 PVEC_COMPILED
"edebug-enter" (0x88f274)
"edebug-enter" (0x88f554)
"narrow-to-region" (0x88f864)
"call-interactively" (0x88fb34)
(gdb)