Subject: Re: bug#5984: Crash displaying composed characters

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:33:56 +0200

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 19:29, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Here's the analysis of what causes this crash:

Nice work.

> But that sounds too
> harsh: after all, whoever sets that variable, actually wants to see
> all these messages.

Yes.

> Ideas are welcome.

You said:

> . Further down, autocmp_chars calls the value of
>  auto-composition-function:
[...]
> . Now the " *Echo Area0*" buffer holds a totally different text,
>   unbeknownst to autocmp_chars, which still passes the old values 32
>  and 33 to TEMP_SET_PT_BOTH:

So autocmp_chars should be made to know that after calling
auto-composition-function, " *Echo Area0" could have been modified.
(Yeah, easier said than done, I suppose...)

    Juanma