Subject: bug#59833: 29.0.60; json-ts-mode fontifies everything as string

From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 11:40:33 +0100

Hey everyone.

When opening a JSON-file in a build from emacs git emacs-29 
release-branch, Emacs still defaults to json-mode.

Fontification in json-mode looks correct and proper.

When trying to insteas use json-ts-mode, literally everything is 
fontified as strings.

When I change the code to disable the string-fontification rule, this 
yields a buffer where everything is fontified using default-face. That 
is, no other fontification is taking place.

Have this mode really been tested? Should it be working? Or is there an 
error on my end?

Could someone else please give json-ts-mode a try?

--
Jostein

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.34, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-12-02 built on ThinkPad-T14s
Repository revision: 1e36ad9458e8deacfc85da573bb0ca0f270d4802
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201003
System Description: Ubuntu 22.10

Configured using:
  'configure --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nb_NO.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nb_NO.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: nb_NO.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: JSON

Minor modes in effect:
   global-git-commit-mode: t
   magit-auto-revert-mode: t
   lsp-diagnostics-mode: t
   lsp-headerline-breadcrumb-mode: t
   lsp-modeline-workspace-status-mode: t
   lsp-modeline-diagnostics-mode: t
   lsp-modeline-code-actions-mode: t
   electric-pair-mode: t
   lsp-completion-mode: t
   editorconfig-mode: t
   flycheck-mode: t
   which-function-mode: t
   nlinum-mode: t
   company-mode: t
   global-ede-mode: t
   dap-tooltip-mode: t
   dap-ui-many-windows-mode: t
   dap-ui-controls-mode: t
   dap-ui-mode: t
   treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
   treemacs-follow-mode: t
   treemacs-git-mode: t
   treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
   dap-auto-configure-mode: t
   dap-mode: t
   global-undo-tree-mode: t
   undo-tree-mode: t
   doom-modeline-mode: t
   projectile-mode: t
   ido-yes-or-no-mode: t
   helm-mode: t
   helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
   helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
   async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   global-auto-revert-mode: t
   server-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   global-hl-line-mode: t
   lsp-managed-mode: t
   lsp-mode: t
   yas-global-mode: t
   yas-minor-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   auto-fill-function: yas--auto-fill
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   hs-minor-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/jostein/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20221127.2242/transient hides 
/home/jostein/build/emacs/lisp/transient
/home/jostein/.emacs.d/elpa/eglot-20221020.1010/eglot hides 
/home/jostein/build/emacs/lisp/progmodes/eglot

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug help-fns radix-tree json-ts-mode dired-aux
ede/dired mule-util vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs
log-view json-mode json-snatcher yaml-mode magit-patch goto-addr
git-rebase magit-extras flyspell ispell magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode git-commit
log-edit message sendmail yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec epa mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util magit-core magit-autorevert
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode
transient magit-git magit-base magit-section crm compat-27 compat-26
executable tabify misearch multi-isearch semantic/lex-spp ede/emacs
semantic/db semantic/find semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local bug-reference
helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval helm-info typescript-ts-mode js
mail-extr lsp-diagnostics lsp-headerline lsp-icons lsp-modeline view
vc-git diff-mode vc-dir vc vc-dispatcher disp-table elec-pair
csharp-mode treesit cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs winner ffap tramp-archive
tramp-gvfs tramp-cache warnings time-stamp zeroconf dbus face-remap
add-log lsp-zig lsp-steep lsp-svelte lsp-sqls lsp-ruby-syntax-tree
lsp-yaml lsp-xml lsp-vimscript lsp-vhdl lsp-volar lsp-vetur lsp-html
lsp-verilog lsp-vala lsp-v lsp-typeprof lsp-ttcn3 lsp-toml lsp-terraform
lsp-tex lsp-sorbet lsp-solargraph lsp-rust lsp-rf lsp-remark lsp-racket
lsp-r lsp-purescript lsp-pylsp lsp-pyls lsp-php lsp-pls
lsp-perlnavigator lsp-perl lsp-openscad lsp-ocaml lsp-magik lsp-nix
lsp-nim lsp-nginx lsp-mint lsp-marksman lsp-markdown lsp-lua lsp-kotlin
lsp-json lsp-javascript lsp-idris lsp-haxe lsp-groovy lsp-hack
lsp-graphql lsp-gleam lsp-go lsp-completion lsp-gdscript lsp-fsharp
lsp-fortran lsp-eslint lsp-erlang lsp-emmet lsp-elixir lsp-elm
lsp-dockerfile lsp-dhall lsp-d lsp-css lsp-csharp gnutls lsp-crystal
lsp-cmake lsp-clojure lsp-semantic-tokens lsp-clangd lsp-beancount
lsp-bash lsp-astro lsp-ansible lsp-angular lsp-ada lsp-actionscript
ido-completing-read+ memoize minibuf-eldef elisp-slime-nav paredit
editorconfig editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle
editorconfig-fnmatch flycheck highlight-symbol which-func edebug debug
backtrace nlinum linum company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
etags fileloop generator company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake
company-semantic company-template company-bbdb company-web-html
company-web company-css web-completion-data company hideshow eww
url-queue shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg mm-url gnus nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr ede/speedbar ede/files ede
ede/detect ede/base ede/auto ede/source eieio-base eieio-speedbar
speedbar ezimage eieio-custom cedet dap-mouse dap-ui lsp-treemacs
lsp-treemacs-generic lsp-treemacs-themes treemacs-treelib treemacs
treemacs-header-line treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode
treemacs-interface treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode
treemacs-follow-mode treemacs-rendering treemacs-annotations
treemacs-async treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator treemacs-scope pulse treemacs-faces
treemacs-icons treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros gdb-mi bindat
gud derived dframe bui bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history
bui-button bui-utils lsp-lens dap-gdb-lldb dap-netcore dap-node
dap-utils dom xml dap-pwsh lsp-pwsh dap-python dap-mode dap-tasks
dap-launch lsp-docker yaml posframe dap-overlays undo-tree diff queue
doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env
doom-modeline-core all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material
data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons
data-alltheicons shrink-path compat compat-macs projectile lisp-mnt grep
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs helm-imenu ob-plantuml org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys
oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version
org-compat org-macs ido-yes-or-no ido helm-mode helm-misc helm-files
image-dired image-dired-tags image-dired-external image-dired-util xdg
image-mode dired dired-loaddefs exif tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration cus-edit pp cus-load files-x tramp-compat parse-time
iso8601 time-date ls-lisp helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate
helm-grep helm-regexp format-spec helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm
helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu edmacro kmacro helm-core easy-mmode
async-bytecomp helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib async helm-config
delsel cl-extra autorevert server powershell advice shell pcomplete
hl-line lsp-mode lsp-protocol yasnippet help-mode xref project
tree-widget wid-edit spinner pcase network-stream puny nsm markdown-mode
color thingatpt noutline outline icons lv inline imenu ht filenotify f
f-shortdoc shortdoc s ewoc epg rfc6068 epg-config dash dracula-theme
compile-eslint compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color
ring cl finder-inf git-timemachine-autoloads rx
helm-projectile-autoloads expand-region-autoloads
all-the-icons-autoloads dracula-theme-autoloads eglot-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads tree-sitter-langs-autoloads
projectile-autoloads nlinum-autoloads doom-modeline-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads editorconfig-autoloads helm-autoloads
helm-core-autoloads async-autoloads assess-autoloads m-buffer-autoloads
cargo-autoloads package-lint-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
company-autoloads magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
web-mode-autoloads paredit-autoloads helpful-autoloads
elisp-refs-autoloads js2-mode-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
powershell-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads lsp-docker-autoloads
yaml-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads treemacs-autoloads
posframe-autoloads hydra-autoloads pfuture-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads ht-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads transient-autoloads compat-autoloads
pcache-autoloads f-autoloads popup-autoloads s-autoloads info
dash-autoloads macrostep-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 893822 107292)
  (symbols 48 58306 34)
  (strings 32 224415 12766)
  (string-bytes 1 7012327)
  (vectors 16 134309)
  (vector-slots 8 2366207 177230)
  (floats 8 1129 896)
  (intervals 56 32198 3519)
  (buffers 992 63))

-- 
Vennlig hilsen
*Jostein Kjønigsen*

[email-masked] 🍵 [email-masked]
https://jostein.kjønigsen.no <https://jostein.kjønigsen.no>