Subject: bug#59832: closed (Re: bug#59832: 30.0.50; [TREESIT] Segfault in treesit_load_language)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 15:45:02 +0000

Your bug report

#59832: 30.0.50; [TREESIT] Segfault in treesit_load_language

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
59832: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59832
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#59832: 30.0.50; [TREESIT] Segfault in treesit_load_language
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 17:43:47 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 12:31:37 -0300
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Thanks, now everything is clear.  Should be fixed on the release branch.
> 
> Just tested emacs-29 and confirm it is working now.
> Thanks.

Thanks for testing, I'm therefore closing the bug.

Subject: 30.0.50; [TREESIT] Segfault in treesit_load_language
From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 06:50:32 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In release build emacs segfaults when loading a ts-mode for which
language definitions are unavailable.
Building with -g3 -O0 emacs shows a warning buffer instead of crashing.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.35, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2022-12-05 built on KRONOS
Repository revision: 4fa37dc426184811e39ce113f6af7f5b308f116b
Repository branch: master
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --without-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt
 --without-gconf --with-pgtk --with-sound=no --without-gpm
 --with-native-compilation --without-gsettings --without-libsystemd
 --without-sqlite3 --without-xim --with-xwidgets
 --without-compress-install --prefix=/home/german/.local/emacs'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBXML2 NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP THREADS
TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  savehist-mode: t
  popper-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.7/transient hides /home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils orderless
savehist popper comp comp-cstr subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra
help-mode bytecomp byte-compile elec-pair vertico mb-depth delsel
xah-fly-keys g3r-dark-theme info vertico-autoloads orderless-autoloads
embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads embark-autoloads
aircon-theme-autoloads popper-autoloads helpful-autoloads f-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads elisp-refs-autoloads s-autoloads compat-autoloads
magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads transient-autoloads dash-autoloads warnings icons
so-long cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 102467 63599)
 (symbols 48 8610 7)
 (strings 32 29434 9285)
 (string-bytes 1 892462)
 (vectors 16 16750)
 (vector-slots 8 343188 133003)
 (floats 8 51 306)
 (intervals 56 558 67)
 (buffers 992 11))

-- 
German Pacenza