Subject: bug#59823: an installer dump was sent

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2022 10:31:04 +0100

Hello,

So I had a closer look and we do have this strange kernel warning: 

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Dec  4 10:49:05 localhost vmunix: [ 1351.610773] device-mapper: ioctl: remove_all left 1 open device(s)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I also noticed that we do not have the following trace:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
/dev/sdX is not eligible because it is the installation device. 
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

which indicates that the "eligible-devices" procedure failed to identify
the installation device. So /dev/sdd could be the installation device
and the "with-delay-device-in-use?" always reports true because it is in
fact always in use.

My proposed patch probably won't help and the question is, why is the
installation device not detected?

Would it be possible for you to try the installation with an
instrumented installer that I would provide you with?

Thanks,

Mathieu