Subject: [bug#59822] [PATCH guix-artwork] website: base: home: Add 'DOWNLOAD LATEST' button.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2023 08:29:19 +0100

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
> No strong opinion about whether or not to keep “v1.4.0” on the button.
> It nobody objects, we can apply those patches.

Yes.  Sorry for ignoring this side issue.

I like knowing the version, but the version is everywhere on the
download page.  Renaming the button gives us more options what to put on
the download page.  And now the front page translations have to be
adapted anyway because the word advanced is rightfully gone now.

Pushed as a51b8d4cc5a2a1d268edecb2417e728eae8dd2b7, I hope it is OK.

> But then, where would you put the link to /latest?

We could remove the link to latest, but keep the /latest page online
without linking to it, because people have hyperlinks pointing there.

And also move the Hurd and Pinebook Pro image to the regular downloads.
Even though for these, we might want to make releases instead of CI
images?  I guess not; also I cannot test Pinebook Pro.  I don’t know.

> Or maybe we can keep it in the menu but add a prominent warning on the
> page stating that these are snapshots that haven’t seen as much QA?

The warning is already there and I think it is prominent.

Regards,
Florian