Subject: Re: [bug#59822] [PATCH guix-artwork] website: base: home: Add 'DOWNLOAD LATEST' button.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2022 22:50:26 +0100

Hello (

"( via Guix-patches" via <[email-masked]> writes:
> * website/apps/base/templates/home.scm (home-t)[#:content]: Add a
>   'DOWNLOAD LATEST' button.

Good idea.

Would you add a copyright line or copyright disclaimer line and send an
updated patch?

>           #:label (apply string-append
>                          (C_ "button" `("DOWNLOAD v" ,(latest-guix-version) "")))
> […]
>         " " ; A space for readability in non-CSS browsers.
> +       ,(button-big
> +         #:label (apply string-append
> +                        (C_ "button" `("DOWNLOAD LATEST")))

In the DOWNLOAD LATEST button, could you remove the (apply string-append
and its now unmatched parenthesis?

It is a trick to concatenate the translations for "DOWNLOAD v", the
latest-guix-version and the translation for "".  But for "DOWNLOAD
LATEST", it is unneeded.

And maybe untabify the lines you change.

Other than that, LGTM, thank you!

Regards,
Florian