Subject: Re: [bug#59822] [PATCH guix-artwork] website: base: home: Add 'DOWNLOAD LATEST' button.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 20:44:18 +0100

Hello,

zimoun <[email-masked]> writes:
> Well, I mean being able to update independently some images of «GNU Guix
> binary» and «GNU Guix System» without going to the big dance of a
> complete release.

Why update the binary?  guix pull will work.  The only important changes
are to the installer program and its dependencies (cryptsetup, parted,
etc).

> In addition to Ludo, who has the power to upload (and sign) the images
> to <https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/guix/>?

Admittedly I do not know the process of uploading to gnu.org.  My
thought was that cherrypicking installer fixes back to, say, 1.4.0 is
easy.  Manual install would work like the manual says.  The initial
install would be more polished.

Maybe I’m wrong though and cherrypicking fixes isn’t worth it compared
to the CI image, and testing the installer really is about getting bugs
squashed and not so much about polish.

Regards,
Florian