Subject: Re: [bug#59822] [PATCH guix-artwork] website: base: home: Add 'DOWNLOAD LATEST' button.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 11:12:13 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, 08 Dec 2022 at 10:36, "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> No, my proposed patch is bad.  Users would still be guided to use the CI
> image, just with an extra step, in which case we’d better link to CI
> directly.  Same thing if the sentence “You can also use the continuously
> improved installer image” were part of the page header.

[...]

> I would like to close.

As you want.  But I still think that we implicitly know because we are
around is not explicit and can be confusing.  The implicit knowledge is:

 - released installer/images/etc are the standard, but…
 - latest installer/images/etc. have probably less bugs.

I miss why write an sentence in this webpage
<https://guix.gnu.org/en/download/> mentioning this webpage
<https://guix.gnu.org/en/download/latest/> would be detrimental.

Note that from the front page <https://guix.gnu.org/>, top right,
Download mentions Latest.  From this latest webpage, there is a link to
the Standard webpage.  Why would the converse be an issue?

Well, I think we have enough discussed. :-)  I mean, if you prefer to
close and keep the status quo, all is fine with me. :-)

Cheers,
simon