Subject: bug#59816: [PATCH]: bug#59816: 29.0.60; c++-ts-mode handles one-line comments badly

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 15:01:16 +0200

> From: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 13:44:49 +0100
> 
> You're right.  This is my bad.  This patch addresses it.  What do you
> think, Eli?

I'll defer to people who know more than I do about these modes.

> BTW - I see that many modes in general don't refer to their
> syntax-tables in their define-derived-mode form.  Is that intentional?

The ELisp manual says:

 -- Macro: define-derived-mode variant parent name docstring
          keyword-args... body...
     This macro defines VARIANT as a major mode command, using NAME as
     the string form of the mode name.  VARIANT and PARENT should be
     unquoted symbols.

     The new command VARIANT is defined to call the function PARENT,
     then override certain aspects of that parent mode:

        [...]

        • The new mode has its own syntax table, kept in the variable
          ‘VARIANT-syntax-table’, unless you override this using the
          ‘:syntax-table’ keyword (see below).  ‘define-derived-mode’
          makes the parent mode’s syntax-table the parent of
          ‘VARIANT-syntax-table’, unless the latter is already set and
          already has a parent different from the standard syntax table.

So there's no need to mention it because it happens automatically.