Subject: Re: bug#59802: 30.0.50; Checkbox button not rendered

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 18:57:50 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> We are still discussing the problem with misalignment of images, are
> we?  Because most of what you describe is unrelated to that.  (If
> those other aspects bother you or surprise you, we can talk about that
> as well.)

Yes I think that this line numbering problem is something else (maybe).

> As for the misalignment, I'm guessing that your librsvg is newer than
> mine, so it supports scaling the SVG images as you scale text.  My
> librsvg doesn't support that, and so the SVG image remains aligned
> with the XPM one, slightly lower than the baseline of the text (which
> could probably controlled by the :ascent property of the image, if
> that is a problem).

You might be onto something here.  What is your librsvg version?  Mine
is 2.54.2.

> Manuel, if this is what you see, then try playing with :ascent.  E.g.,
> did you try to use ":ascent 'center"?

The display text property for those checkboxes already have an ":ascent
'center":
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(image :type svg :file
"/home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/etc/images/checked.svg" :scale
1.1094117647058823 :transform-smoothing t :ascent center)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

FWIW, I once have played a bit with the background of those svg by
replacing 0xFFFFFF by 0xEFEFEF at image.c:11419 and the background is in
its right place but the image is off.
-- 
Manuel Giraud