Subject: Re: bug#59802: 30.0.50; Checkbox button not rendered

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 14:57:13 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> Maybe it is a bug that arise with the combination of "checked.svg" and
>> librsvg?  But I think it is not something that shows on Linux.  What do
>> you think I could test, now?
>
> What happens if you manually create a buffer with the checkbox and
> text following it -- does the problem happen in that case as well?

Here is my recipe and a short video on what it does for me.
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(set-frame-font "Mono-12")

(let ((text "XfooX"))
  (put-text-property 0 1 'display '(image :type svg :file "/home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/etc/images/checked.svg" :scale 1 :transform-smoothing t :ascent center) text)
  (put-text-property 4 5 'display '(image :type svg :file "/home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/etc/images/down.svg" :scale 1 :transform-smoothing t :ascent center) text)
  (newline)
  (insert text))

(set-frame-font "Inconsolata-20")
(set-frame-font "Ttyp0-16")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
-- 
Manuel Giraud