Subject: Re: bug#59802: 30.0.50; Checkbox button not rendered

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 14:41:27 +0100

On Fri, 09 Dec 2022 14:35:18 +0200 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 13:26:56 +0100
>> 
>> When using a bigger default font, the checkboxes start to disappear
>> under the baseline.  The "down.svg" does not have this issue.  I've
>> start to wonder if it is a bug in librsvg on my system but I can see
>> that it is used by blender, gimp, vlc… So I think I would have seen this
>> bug elsewhere.
>> 
>> Maybe it is a bug that arise with the combination of "checked.svg" and
>> librsvg?  But I think it is not something that shows on Linux.  What do
>> you think I could test, now?
>
> What happens if you manually create a buffer with the checkbox and
> text following it -- does the problem happen in that case as well?

It does for me: the attached image shows four buffers containing the
checkbox.svg and checkbox.xpm images from /etc/images.  The leftmost
buffer shows the default font size, the other buffers show increases of
the font size successively by two steps with `C-x C-+'.

(The rightmost buffer shows another oddity: the line number is
supposedly 47.  This number appears when the cursor moves from 'T' to
'e'.  This also happens in the other buffers, but only those with
increased font size show line number 47; in the leftmost buffer, it
shows line number 27.)

Steve Berman