Subject: bug#59802: closed (Re: bug#59802: 30.0.50; Checkbox button not rendered)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 15:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#59802: 30.0.50; Checkbox button not rendered

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
59802: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59802
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#59802: 30.0.50; Checkbox button not rendered
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 17:51:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 09:27:50 +0100
> 
> Hi Eli,
> 
> Do you think this needs some rework?  If not, maybe it could go into 29.

Thanks for the reminder, I've now installed this on the emacs-29
branch, and I'm closing the bug.

Subject: 30.0.50; Checkbox button not rendered
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 11:40:05 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Most of the time, checkbox button (for instance in customize) are not
rendered correctly.  I have a message saying:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
"Invalid image size (see ‘max-image-size’)"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

These seems to have a display text property with an SVG image and I have
support for SVG compiled.  I can reproduce this bug with "emacs -Q" and
what is strange is that it sometimes work after restarting emacs.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.2, cairo version
 1.17.6) of 2022-12-02 built on computer
Repository revision: 8049623748483343aff392345f17f0b66368a57d
Repository branch: mgi/menubar
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.2 GENERIC.MP#859 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Custom

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-0.10.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.7/transient hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug pulse descr-text tmm cus-start paredit
edmacro time battery exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config exwm exwm-input
xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render
exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto
xcb-types xcb-debug kmacro server stimmung-themes modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes ytdious osm mingus libmpdee reporter edebug debug backtrace
transmission diary-lib diary-loaddefs color calc-bin calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs w3m-load mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-main mu4e-view
mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions smtpmail mu4e-search
mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark mu4e-message flow-fill mule-util
hl-line mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-server mu4e-context
mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers mu4e-config bookmark ido supercite regi
ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev
eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode speedbar ezimage dframe eieio-base pcase
timezone org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol
org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs visual-basic-mode
cl web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start smart-tabs-mode skeleton
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration cus-edit cus-load wid-edit files-x
tramp-compat rx shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp
format-spec slime-fancy slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref project
arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline icons pp comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads dired-aux dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs so-long notifications dbus xml repeat easy-mmode
rust-mode-autoloads stimmung-themes-autoloads ebdb-autoloads
magit-autoloads debbugs-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
paredit-autoloads dash-autoloads ytdious-autoloads
transmission-autoloads transient-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads detached-autoloads info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 540146 45948)
 (symbols 48 63298 3)
 (strings 32 205853 3955)
 (string-bytes 1 6042479)
 (vectors 16 85212)
 (vector-slots 8 1544662 77300)
 (floats 8 490 96)
 (intervals 56 625 0)
 (buffers 992 14))

-- 
Manuel Giraud