Subject: bug#59797: closed (Re: bug#59797: 30.0.50; [wishlist] Using namespaces in Tramp's kubernetes integration)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 08:38:03 +0000

Your bug report

#59797: 30.0.50; [wishlist] Using namespaces in Tramp's kubernetes integration

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
59797: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59797
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#59797: 30.0.50; [wishlist] Using namespaces in Tramp's kubernetes integration
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Aaron Gonzales <[email-masked]>, Warren Lynn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 10:37:38 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 30.1

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

> Everything pushed to the Emacs and Tramp master repositories. The target
> is now Tramp 2.7 / Emacs 30. Comments welcome :-)

No further comments, so I'm closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 30.0.50; [wishlist] Using namespaces in Tramp's kubernetes integration
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 10:20:12 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Now we have kubernetes integrated in Tramp. We can access pods like
"/kubernetes:POD:/path/to/file".

However, kubernetes can much more. For all services (like pods) it
creates DNS entries "<service-name>.<namespace-name>.svc.cluster.local".
Should'nt we support this? It means should we allow to access kubernetes
pods like "/kubernetes:POD.NAMESPACE:/path/to/file", including
completion for namespace names?

Best regards, Michael.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2022-11-29 built on gandalf
Repository revision: 7939184f8e0370e7a3397d492812c6d202c2a193
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201005
System Description: Fedora Linux 37 (Workstation Edition)

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM
XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.34/debbugs
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-org hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.34/debbugs-org
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-gnu hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.34/debbugs-gnu
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-guix hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.34/debbugs-guix
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-browse hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.34/debbugs-browse
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-pkg hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.34/debbugs-pkg
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-autoloads hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.34/debbugs-autoloads
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-compat hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.34/debbugs-compat
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sh hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-sh
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-compat hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-compat
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-rclone hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-rclone
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cmds hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-cmds
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-gvfs hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-gvfs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-uu hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-uu
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-crypt hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-crypt
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-integration hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-integration
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-archive hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-archive
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-fuse hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-fuse
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-adb hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-adb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/trampver hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/trampver
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-ftp hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-ftp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-smb hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-smb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cache hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-cache
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sudoedit hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-sudoedit
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sshfs hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-sshfs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-loaddefs hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-loaddefs
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/tramp-theme/tramp-theme-autoloads hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-theme-0.2/tramp-theme-autoloads
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/tramp-theme/tramp-theme hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-theme-0.2/tramp-theme
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/tramp-theme/tramp-theme-pkg hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-theme-0.2/tramp-theme-pkg
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sh hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-sh
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cmds hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-cmds
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-gvfs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-gvfs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-ftp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-ftp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-crypt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-crypt
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-adb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-adb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cache hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-cache
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-rclone hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-rclone
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-compat
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-integration hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-integration
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-archive hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-archive
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sudoedit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-sudoedit
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-loaddefs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-uu hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-uu
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-smb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-smb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/trampver hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/trampver
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/auth-source-pass-20210210.1908/auth-source-pass hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/auth-source-pass
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20221119.1503/transient hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/transient
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sh hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-sh
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-fuse hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-fuse
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cmds hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-cmds
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-container hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-container
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-gvfs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-gvfs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-ftp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-ftp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-crypt hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-crypt
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-adb hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-adb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cache hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-cache
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-rclone hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-rclone
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-compat hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-compat
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-integration hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-integration
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-archive hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-archive
~/lisp/dbus hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/dbus
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sudoedit hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-sudoedit
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-loaddefs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-loaddefs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-uu hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-uu
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sshfs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-sshfs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-smb hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-smb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/trampver hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/trampver

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug pop3 utf-7 nndraft nnmh nnml
network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-cache gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom nnnil
smtpmail gnus-demon nntp gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr face-remap ob-shell ob ob-tangle ol org-src ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-keys oc org-compat
advice org-macs vc vc-dispatcher time tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh
lxd-tramp lxc-tramp tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit files-x tramp-compat rx warnings icons
shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring parse-time iso8601
time-date ls-lisp format-spec delsel ido jka-compr icomplete dired
dired-loaddefs debbugs-autoloads
recentf-remove-sudo-tramp-prefix-autoloads relint-autoloads
transient-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads direnv-autoloads
alert-autoloads dired-rsync-autoloads dockerfile-mode-autoloads
auth-source-xoauth2-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
auto-virtualenv-autoloads flycheck-autoloads projectile-autoloads
f-autoloads ghub-autoloads compat-autoloads xr-autoloads
pylint-autoloads dash-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads envrc-autoloads
helm-autoloads helm-core-autoloads async-autoloads info
jarchive-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 184847 16944)
 (symbols 48 20233 0)
 (strings 32 65431 4443)
 (string-bytes 1 2209670)
 (vectors 16 35283)
 (vector-slots 8 400831 12797)
 (floats 8 251 354)
 (intervals 56 323 0)
 (buffers 984 12))