Subject: Re: bug#59797: 30.0.50; [wishlist] Using namespaces in Tramp's kubernetes integration

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 21:47:37 +0200

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

>> Maybe, and there's "get pods -A" which lists all pods.  This will be
>> limited to current "context" in k8s meaning (covering all namespaces in
>> it).  I could look into this in detail in few weeks, if you'd like me
>> to.  It's quite a busy time at work now :-)
>
> Take your time. Emacs 29.1 is on its release path, so any feature change
> won't be pushed there. We could plan it for Emacs 29.2.

Finally, I've taken the stab and implemented something along these
lines. It is a little bit different from earlier proposals.

- You can now specify a container in the host name, dotted notation.
  "/kubernetes:container.pod:" accesses the given container. If it is
  not specified, as in "/kubernetes:pod:", the first container is taken.

- You can now specify different context and namespace. Change the new
  user options tramp-kubernetes-context or tramp-kubernetes-namespace
  for this effect.

Everything pushed to the Emacs and Tramp master repositories. The target
is now Tramp 2.7 / Emacs 30. Comments welcome :-)

Best regards, Michael.