Subject: bug#59797: 30.0.50; [wishlist] Using namespaces in Tramp's kubernetes integration

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 10:20:12 +0100

Hi,

Now we have kubernetes integrated in Tramp. We can access pods like
"/kubernetes:POD:/path/to/file".

However, kubernetes can much more. For all services (like pods) it
creates DNS entries "<service-name>.<namespace-name>.svc.cluster.local".
Should'nt we support this? It means should we allow to access kubernetes
pods like "/kubernetes:POD.NAMESPACE:/path/to/file", including
completion for namespace names?

Best regards, Michael.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2022-11-29 built on gandalf
Repository revision: 7939184f8e0370e7a3397d492812c6d202c2a193
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201005
System Description: Fedora Linux 37 (Workstation Edition)

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM
XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.34/debbugs
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-org hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.34/debbugs-org
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-gnu hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.34/debbugs-gnu
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-guix hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.34/debbugs-guix
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-browse hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.34/debbugs-browse
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-pkg hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.34/debbugs-pkg
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-autoloads hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.34/debbugs-autoloads
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-compat hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.34/debbugs-compat
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sh hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-sh
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-compat hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-compat
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-rclone hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-rclone
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cmds hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-cmds
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-gvfs hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-gvfs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-uu hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-uu
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-crypt hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-crypt
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-integration hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-integration
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-archive hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-archive
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-fuse hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-fuse
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-adb hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-adb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/trampver hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/trampver
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-ftp hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-ftp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-smb hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-smb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cache hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-cache
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sudoedit hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-sudoedit
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sshfs hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-sshfs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-loaddefs hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.5.3.3/tramp-loaddefs
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/tramp-theme/tramp-theme-autoloads hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-theme-0.2/tramp-theme-autoloads
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/tramp-theme/tramp-theme hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-theme-0.2/tramp-theme
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/tramp-theme/tramp-theme-pkg hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-theme-0.2/tramp-theme-pkg
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sh hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-sh
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cmds hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-cmds
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-gvfs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-gvfs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-ftp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-ftp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-crypt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-crypt
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-adb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-adb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cache hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-cache
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-rclone hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-rclone
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-compat
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-integration hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-integration
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-archive hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-archive
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sudoedit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-sudoedit
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-loaddefs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-uu hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-uu
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-smb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-smb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/trampver hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/trampver
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/auth-source-pass-20210210.1908/auth-source-pass hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/auth-source-pass
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20221119.1503/transient hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/transient
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sh hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-sh
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-fuse hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-fuse
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cmds hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-cmds
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-container hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-container
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-gvfs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-gvfs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-ftp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-ftp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-crypt hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-crypt
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-adb hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-adb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cache hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-cache
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-rclone hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-rclone
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-compat hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-compat
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-integration hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-integration
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-archive hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-archive
~/lisp/dbus hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/dbus
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sudoedit hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-sudoedit
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-loaddefs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-loaddefs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-uu hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-uu
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sshfs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-sshfs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-smb hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-smb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/trampver hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/trampver

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug pop3 utf-7 nndraft nnmh nnml
network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-cache gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom nnnil
smtpmail gnus-demon nntp gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr face-remap ob-shell ob ob-tangle ol org-src ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-keys oc org-compat
advice org-macs vc vc-dispatcher time tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh
lxd-tramp lxc-tramp tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit files-x tramp-compat rx warnings icons
shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring parse-time iso8601
time-date ls-lisp format-spec delsel ido jka-compr icomplete dired
dired-loaddefs debbugs-autoloads
recentf-remove-sudo-tramp-prefix-autoloads relint-autoloads
transient-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads direnv-autoloads
alert-autoloads dired-rsync-autoloads dockerfile-mode-autoloads
auth-source-xoauth2-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
auto-virtualenv-autoloads flycheck-autoloads projectile-autoloads
f-autoloads ghub-autoloads compat-autoloads xr-autoloads
pylint-autoloads dash-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads envrc-autoloads
helm-autoloads helm-core-autoloads async-autoloads info
jarchive-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 184847 16944)
 (symbols 48 20233 0)
 (strings 32 65431 4443)
 (string-bytes 1 2209670)
 (vectors 16 35283)
 (vector-slots 8 400831 12797)
 (floats 8 251 354)
 (intervals 56 323 0)
 (buffers 984 12))