Subject: bug#59793: 29.0.60; subr.elc is not compiled correctly

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 20:10:18 +0200

> From: Akib Azmain Turja <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Feng Shu <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 23:16:47 +0600
> 
> > Am I missing something, or do you redefine a function and then expect it to work like you never redefined it?
> 
> Unexpected: bug59593-yank just inserts the killed text.
> Expected: bug59593-yank intercepts and shows the killed text in echo
> area.

You have redefined a subr.el function with cl-letf*, so how is what happens
as result a bug in Emacs?  Does the original subr.el function not do what
it's supposed to do, before you replace it?

I understand you didn't expect the result of cl-letf*, and were surprised by
what you saw, but I don't understand why you expect the Emacs development to
do something about your surprise.

> > So I'm still confused...
> 
> Is it clear now?  (Somehow, I think, no.)

See above: I understand what you are saying, but not why this is submitted
as a bug to the Emacs development team.