Subject: bug#59793: 29.0.60; subr.elc is not compiled correctly

From: Feng Shu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 15:24:55 +0800

This week, I faced an issue about emacs-eat: 

    eat-yank not work well: https://codeberg.org/akib/emacs-eat/issues/9

-------------
(defun eat-yank (&optional arg)
  "Same as `yank', but for Eat.

ARG is passed to `yank', which see."
  (interactive "*P")
  (when eat--terminal
    (funcall eat--synchronize-scroll-function)
    (cl-letf* ((inhibit-read-only t)
               (insert-for-yank (symbol-function #'insert-for-yank))
               ((symbol-function #'insert-for-yank)
                (lambda (&rest args)
                  (cl-letf (((symbol-function #'insert)
                             (lambda (&rest args)
                               (eat-send-string-as-yank
                                eat--terminal
                                (mapconcat (lambda (arg)
                                             (if (stringp arg)
                                                 arg
                                               (string arg)))
                                           args "")))))
                    (apply insert-for-yank args)))))
      (yank arg))))
---------

After some test with author of emacs-eat, we find that config

    (require 'eat)
    (load "subr.el")

work, while the below config do not work.

    (require 'eat)
    (load "subr.elc") 

we find that C-x C-e insert-for-yank and insert-for-yank-1 works too.

so we think subr.elc is not compiled correctly, I use the below 
script to compile emacs, do not install and run ~/emacs/emacs29/src/emacs directly

------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash

cd ${HOME}/emacs/emacs29

make clean

git reset --hard
git clean -xdf
git pull

./autogen.sh

./configure                    \
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid        \
 --with-json                   \

make bootstrap &&
make

--------------------------------------------------------

(fn STRING)
(defalias 'insert-for-yank #[257 "\211C\300\301\302\303\"\"\210\304\305\306\307\242#\211\262\203*\0\310\242\306O!\210\211\242\304O\240\210\202\0\210\310\242!\207" [run-hook-wrapped yank-transform-functions make-closure #[257 "\300\300\242!\240\210\301\207" [V0 nil] 4 "\n\n(fn F)"] nil next-single-property-change 0 yank-handler insert-for-yank-1] 7 (#$ . 136200)])#@55 Helper for `insert-for-yank', which see.

(fn STRING)
(defalias 'insert-for-yank-1 #[257 "\211;\205\n\0\303\304\305#\211A@\206\0`\306\307@\203$\0@!\210\202'\0c\210`\262\307\3108\2047\0\311\"\210\211V\203L\0\312S!\203L\0\313S\314\307$\210	\307=\203V\0\3158\3168\205a\0\3168\211)\207" [inhibit-read-only yank-undo-function this-command get-text-property 0 yank-handler nil t 2 remove-yank-excluded-properties text-properties-at put-text-property rear-nonsticky 3 4] 10 (#$ . 136889)])#@286 Insert before point a substring of BUFFER, without text properties.
BUFFER may be a buffer or a buffer name.
Arguments START and END are character positions specifying the substring.
They default to the values of (point-min) and (point-max) in BUFFER.

-------------------------------------------------------

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2022-12-03 built on Tumashu
Repository revision: 1e36ad9458e8deacfc85da573bb0ca0f270d4802
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-json'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Eat

Minor modes in effect:
  eat--semi-char-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-display-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-mode: t
  cnfonts-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  company-posframe-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  org-super-agenda-mode: t
  pyim-isearch-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-tab-line-mode: t
  tab-line-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/transient-0.3.7/transient hides /home/feng/emacs/emacs29/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug cursor-sensor eat emacs-helper eh-guix
skeleton guix geiser-guile info-look geiser-debug geiser-repl
geiser-image geiser-capf geiser-doc geiser-menu geiser-autodoc
geiser-edit geiser-completion geiser-eval geiser-connection
geiser-syntax scheme geiser-impl help-fns radix-tree geiser-log
geiser-popup view geiser-custom geiser-base geiser eh-misc vundo
magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-popup magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu edebug debug backtrace magit-diff
smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
with-editor shell server magit-mode transient magit-git magit-section
magit-utils aggressive-indent eh-emms emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv
emms-player-mplayer emms-setup emms-librefm-stream
emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-i18n emms-history
emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser emms-volume
emms-volume-sndioctl emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse
emms-volume-amixer emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url
emms-player-simple emms-streams emms-show-all emms-tag-editor
emms-tag-tracktag emms-mark emms-mode-line easy-mmode emms-cache
emms-info-native bindat emms-info-exiftool emms-info-tinytag
emms-info-metaflac emms-info-opusinfo emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-info emms-later-do emms-playlist-mode
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate emms emms-compat el2org
cnfonts tempel citre-config citre-lang-fileref citre-tags citre-ctags
citre-readtags citre-readtags-tables citre-backend-interface
citre-ui-peek color citre-ui-jump citre-common-tag citre-common-util
projectile lisp-mnt grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
eh-gnus-common ebdb-message ebdb-gnus nnselect ebdb-mua ebdb-complete
ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb-i18n-chn ebdb-i18n ebdb-i18n-basic ebdb
inline eieio-base timezone eww url-queue thingatpt mm-url gnus-demon
gnus-search eieio-opt cl-extra speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cite
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-cache
gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr eh-complete
company-posframe company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop xref
company-gtags company-template company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-capf company edmacro eh-org org-ql peg
org-super-agenda ts ht s dash org-habit org-capture ob-python python
project treesit ob-org ox-md ox-org ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok
nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar org-agenda ox-html table ox-ascii
ox-publish ox org-element org-persist xdg avl-tree generator autorevert
filenotify org-attach org-id org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete
comint ansi-osc ansi-color org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities
time-date noutline outline icons ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle
org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func
org-version org-compat org-macs format-spec eh-functions eh-theme
modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes eh-basic cal-china-x cal-china lunar
solar cal-dst holidays holiday-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
pyim-basedict pyim-cregexp-utils pyim pyim-cloudim pyim-probe
pyim-preview pyim-page posframe pyim-indicator pyim-dregcache
pyim-dhashcache sort pyim-dict async pcase pyim-autoselector
pyim-process pyim-punctuation pyim-outcome pyim-candidates pyim-cstring
pyim-cregexp xr rx pyim-codes pyim-imobjs pyim-pinyin pyim-entered
pyim-dcache pyim-pymap pyim-scheme pyim-common wdired dired
dired-loaddefs vc vc-dispatcher consult-vertico consult compat-28 compat
compat-macs kmacro orderless vertico-directory vertico savehist tab-line
switch-window switch-window-mvborder switch-window-asciiart quail
help-mode so-long elec-pair bookmark text-property-search pp
pixel-scroll cua-base ring recentf tree-widget wid-edit elpa-mirror
finder-inf company-posframe-autoloads org-ql-autoloads f-autoloads
ov-autoloads vertico-posframe-autoloads standard-themes-autoloads
corfu-terminal-autoloads aggressive-indent-autoloads posframe-autoloads
company-autoloads paredit-autoloads citre-autoloads
dired-ranger-autoloads dired-hacks-utils-autoloads kotlin-mode-autoloads
geiser-guile-autoloads org-download-autoloads org-super-agenda-autoloads
ht-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads switch-window-autoloads vertico-autoloads
ts-autoloads s-autoloads orderless-autoloads liberime-autoloads
modus-themes-autoloads xmlgen-autoloads wrap-region-autoloads
wgrep-autoloads vundo-autoloads consult-autoloads cape-autoloads
recentf-ext-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
rainbow-delimiters-autoloads pyim-basedict-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
tempel-autoloads popon-autoloads projectile-autoloads emms-autoloads
org-contrib-autoloads ox-gfm-autoloads magit-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads compat-autoloads guix-autoloads bui-autoloads
edit-indirect-autoloads transient-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
geiser-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads elpa-mirror-autoloads
el2org-autoloads ebdb-i18n-chn-autoloads ebdb-autoloads pyim-autoloads
async-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads xr-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
ef-themes-autoloads peg-autoloads cnfonts-autoloads
cal-china-x-autoloads autopair-autoloads corfu-autoloads
adaptive-wrap-autoloads info package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
china-util rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1037039 194901)
 (symbols 48 53037 10)
 (strings 32 552314 5779)
 (string-bytes 1 9927388)
 (vectors 16 96033)
 (vector-slots 8 13241192 54062)
 (floats 8 1205 139)
 (intervals 56 1667 0)
 (buffers 984 16))