Subject: bug#59771: Conda 22.9.0 needs "sudo" as dependency

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 12:47:22 +0100

Hi Hugo,

Hugo Buddelmeijer 写道：
> As for why sudo is needed, I don't know. (Not sure I want to 
> know.)

Indeed, this sounds like something to report and fix upstream.

> $ guix shell -C conda sudo

Won't work, because sudo needs to be setuid — that is, provided by 
the OS.

On Guix Systems, that means /run/setuid-programs/sudo.  It cannot 
be run from the store, where setuid programmes are not allowed.

I tried --expose'ing /run/setuid-programs, but then sudo fails to 
find libsudo_util.so.0.  I didn't test further but don't expect 
that to suffice: sudo simply makes too many assumptions about the 
system, because of the special job it needs to do.

While it would be nice to figure out how to provide 
setuid-programs to a containers, Conda's pointless use of sudo is 
the bug here.

Kind regards,

T G-R