Subject: Conda 22.9.0 needs "sudo" as dependency

From: Hugo Buddelmeijer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 12:36:23 +0100

Hi all,

Conda 22.9.0 needs "sudo" as a dependency:

$ guix shell -C conda

[env]$ conda --version
conda 22.9.0

[env]$ conda init bash
[...]
    Traceback (most recent call last):
[...]
      File
"/gnu/store/lvip6h5pamjwmvnkwg60sjb63ph8698k-python-3.9.9/lib/python3.9/subprocess.py",
line 18
21, in _execute_child
        raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)
    FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'sudo'

The problem goes away when sudo is added to the guix shell command. This
results in another error though; I'll report another bug for that.

As for why sudo is needed, I don't know. (Not sure I want to know.)

Background: if conda works well in guix, then we can get more conda users
and package maintainers on board with guix.

Greetings,
Hugo