Subject: Re: bug#5977: 24.0.50; Lao HELLO is incorrectly displayed

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 18:30:26 +0200

Am 14.05.2010 um 17:29 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:

> I'm not sure I understand: are you saying that "C-u C-x =" does not
> say that the character after the right paren in the Hebrew line is the
> RLM, like it says in the Arabic line?

Right, it says TAB. The same is true in the X client. Mode-line  
contains (37,14) as line/column numbers.

In the X client some "exotic" strings change when I pick/click  
somewhere else. Similarly when I change the marked region by holding  
the mouse button (actually track pad) pressed and move the mouse (over  
the track pad). Particularly the Lao and Thai "Hello" strings change.  
For example:

Arabic "HELLO"	-> 2. Thai "Hello"
Greek (εη)	-> 2. Lao "Hello"
Greek (κ)	-> 2. Thai "Hello"

Only these three Greek characters have an effect.

--
Greetings

   Pete

If it does exist, it's out of date.
				– Arnold's Second Law of Documentation