Subject: Re: bug#5977: 24.0.50; Lao HELLO is incorrectly displayed

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:01:35 +0200

Am 24.04.2010 um 18:01 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:

>> The NS variant, although rendering really beautifully, shows with Lao
>> the same effects:
>>
>>  • entering the string by cursor movement no change in shape
>>  • entering by clicking with mouse or trackpad leads to shape  
>> changes
>>  • entering by clicking with mouse or trackpad "creates" the same
>> characters which swallow cursor movement
>>  • C-e somewhere on Lao line sends point to empty line over title
>> "LANGUAGE (NATIVE NAME)...."
>
> I don't see this effect on MS-Windows.  Can you try with revno 100027
> or later?

In the X client the latter has changed. End of the line is on the same  
line. Still when clicking onto the first or third character of the  
left Lao greeting creates swallowing characters. Clicking into the  
strings produces shape changes.

>
>> Clicking into the Braille "Hello" does not change the Burmese  
>> greeting
>> below and the Burmese comment visibly but change the empty box on the
>> Arabic line into "n" *only* when I click on a new/different than
>> before character... The exactly same effect when clicking onto *any*
>> character!
>
> I don't see this, either.  Again, please try with revno 100027 or
> later, if you haven't already.

Subtle changes of the "space" between (22, 11)/(22, 12) and (22, 33)/ 
(22, 34) still exist when clicking on Braille characters. Also when  
clicking into Telugu greeting in header.

Clicking into the Arabic or Hebrew (NATIVE NAME) comments moves the  
coagulated greetings into the right column. Same when clicking into  
their and the left parts (thirds) of Tibetan greetings or (9, 33)  
Telugu example in the header.

When clicking into left half of Thai example in header the Hebrew line  
is restored as left and right table cell.

clicking on (11, 44), Korean 하, merges Arabic and Bengali lines below  
to one with roughly two columns, the right one far out.

"East Asia" line: Clicking on the Chinese BIG-5 example 早晨 makes  
either Arabic line be correct with left and right cell or shifts the  
greeting partly into the comment. The Chinese GB2312 example only  
corrects Arabic and additionally adds a small bit of space into  
Burmese comment and name, as described for clicking into Braille. The  
SPACEs and COMMA near Chinese examples also change display of Arabic.

On "CJK variety" line each element of this copy "GB(元气,开发),  
" (including the SPACE before the word BIG5) changes display of Arabic  
(mostly establishes the two column view).

Is this magic?

--
Greetings

   Pete

Atheism is a non prophet organization.