Subject: Re: bug#5977: 24.0.50; Lao HELLO is incorrectly displayed

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 17:34:17 +0200

Am 23.04.2010 um 20:31 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:

> I think I fixed this (revno 100013), please see if the problem is
> solved for you.

The NS variant, although rendering really beautifully, shows with Lao  
the same effects:

  • entering the string by cursor movement no change in shape
  • entering by clicking with mouse or trackpad leads to shape changes
  • entering by clicking with mouse or trackpad "creates" the same  
characters which swallow cursor movement
  • C-e somewhere on Lao line sends point to empty line over title  
"LANGUAGE (NATIVE NAME)...."
  • clicking on the last but one character of the Lao greetings the  
second Thai greeting changes its shape

Arabic and Hebrew greetings are well positioned, but right of ")" an  
empty box is displayed on Arabic line, representing RIGHT-TO-LEFT MARK  
at U+200F, and "{" on Hebrew line.

Clicking into the Braille "Hello" does not change the Burmese greeting  
below and the Burmese comment visibly but change the empty box on the  
Arabic line into "n" *only* when I click on a new/different than  
before character... The exactly same effect when clicking onto *any*  
character!

--
Greetings

   Pete

When in doubt, use brute force.
				– Ken Thompson