Subject: Re: bug#5977: 24.0.50; Lao HELLO is incorrectly displayed

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:03:22 +0200

Am 23.04.2010 um 20:31 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:

> I think I fixed this (revno 100013), please see if the problem is
> solved for you.

The GNU Emacs 24.0.50 with this fix still has problems with HELLO  
(Bzr-100013 in mode-line). The Lao greetings are different depending  
on whether the text cursor (point) is outside

or inside the text strings:

The second character in the two right words counts two, because when I  
start to press <RIGHT> I have to press it twice on this character to  
reach the third one, and from this it takes one <LEFT> to reach the  
second character and two <LEFT> to leave it, reaching the word  
beginning. At the end of the visible characters the cursor jumps to a  
completely unexpected position: early in the session it was the end of  
the Braille "Hello" (with column-number-mode enabled I still saw line  
#44 and column #48) greeting, which later became visibly one line  
above (line ending character of the Bengali greeting) while mode-line  
still showed (44,48). <UP> and <DOWN> put the text cursor on the Khmer  
or the Malayalam line endings. C-e somewhere in the Lao greetings puts  
the cursor to Bengali or Braille line ends – and C-a there puts the  
cursor on column #0 of line #44, i.e., the L of Lao.

When I click on the last but one character of the Lao greetings (44,  
46) the second Thai greeting changes its shape... (normal first,  
clicked last)

The Arabic and Hebrew comments next to the Latin/English words  
"Arabic" resp. "Hebrew" have two ")" and their greetings are not lined  
up in a second (or right) column but touch the comments in parentheses.

Clicking into the Braille "Hello" changes the Burmese greeting below  
and the Burmese comment visibly... (normal first, clicked last)

The XFT font frontend is used. Should I bug-report new Thai, Burmese,  
and Arabic/Hebrew HELLO bugs?

--
Greetings
                                  <]
   Pete       o        __o         |__    o           recumbo
     ___o    /I       -\<,         |o \  -\),-%       ergo sum!
___/\ /\___./ \___...O/ O____.....`-O-'-()--o_________________