Subject: 30.0.50; When debugging with M-x gdb, source buffers have RET key rebound to comint-send-input

From: cade david <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 10:44:56 +0100

In emacs master, when debugging using M-x gdb, all the source buffers
identified as being part of the debugging session have RET bound to
comint-send-input. It writes in the minibuffer "Current buffer has no
process" and it doesn't insert a new line as I would have expected.

Recipe from emacs -Q:

M-x gdb emacs
(in gud buffer)
start
(here emacs.c buffer appears, go to it)
RET -> comint-send-input

I surmise it has something to do with gud-minor-mode-map that derives
from gud-mode-map that derives from comint-mode-map.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-12-02 built on machine
Repository revision: 7d6f9753ade57821f5c409bcdeea700be8e53a74
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/dcade/sw --with-native-compilation -with-json
 --with-xinput2'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=uim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C/*l

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils calc
calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc
vc-dispatcher bug-reference cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs files-x gdb-mi bindat
byte-opt cl-loaddefs comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq
cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib gud comint
ansi-osc ansi-color ring rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 161911 12738)
 (symbols 48 11812 0)
 (strings 32 44202 2825)
 (string-bytes 1 1677092)
 (vectors 16 27329)
 (vector-slots 8 474988 17497)
 (floats 8 49 128)
 (intervals 56 1143 0)
 (buffers 984 18))