Subject: Re: bug#59761: [PATCH 0/2] Add u-boot-ts7970-q-2g-1000mhz-c.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2023 09:46:04 -0500

Hi Ricardo,

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

>> PS: I had also missed that email; please keep me in CC in all your
>> replies :-).
>
> Oh, that’s odd.  I’m replying “from scratch” going just by the bug
> number in issues.guix.gnu.org; it doesn’t expose your email address in a
> convenient way, so I usually just grab the issue number and write an
> email.
>
> Shouldn’t debbugs Cc you when receiving comments on your patch
> submission?

It would be nice if it did, but I don't think it does.  Also, the
'X-Debbugs-Cc' header used in teams.scm doesn't seem to cause an actual
CC; I think it'd just cause someone not already subscribed to the
guix-patches mailing list to be sent an email.  I think it'd be better
to simply use git-send-email's '--cc', or both.

My Gnus email filter is based on the Return-Path:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
	   (nnimap-split-methods
	    ;; Filter guix mailing lists based on Return
	    (("list.\\1" "^Return-Path: <\\(.*\\)-bounces.*@\\(non\\)?gnu.org>")
             ("list.\\1" "^Return-Path: <\\(.*\\)[email-masked]>")
             ("list.\\1" "^Return-Path: <\\(.*\\)[email-masked]>")
	     ("INBOX" "")))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I think when Cc: is used in an email, it causes the Return-Path to be
that of the person sending the email rather than mailman's email, which
is what the above filter expects.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim