Subject: Re: [bug#59754] [PATCH] scripts: repl: Add --interactive and --list-types flags.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 16:46:56 +0100

Hi,

Thanks, nice!

On Fri, 02 Dec 2022 at 02:56, Antero Mejr via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> wrote:
> * guix/scripts/repl.scm (guix-repl): Honor -i, --interactive flag.
> (%options): Add -i/--interactive and --l/--list-types.
                                      -^
                                  Typo     

The patch LGTM, minor three comments.

 1. I would not use the shortkey -l; only the long one.
 2. I would move --list-types right before -t/--type

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
      --list-types       display REPL types and exit
  -t, --type=TYPE        start a REPL of the given TYPE
      --listen=ENDPOINT  listen to ENDPOINT instead of standard input
  -q                     inhibit loading of ~/.guile

  -i, --interactive      launch REPL after evaluating FILE

  -L, --load-path=DIR    prepend DIR to the package module search path

  -h, --help             display this help and exit
  -V, --version          display version information and exit
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

 3. I would split the addition of --list-types and --interactive in two
 separated commits.  But for each option, I would also change the manual
 with the same commit.  Else, please squash this submission. :-)

Cheers,
simon