Subject: Re: 29.0.60; csharp-ts-mode: imported namespaces are fontified inconsistently

From: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2022 09:45:03 +0100

Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> When importing namespaces into your code, simple namespace-names are fontified as font-lock-type-name-face, while nested namespace-names are fontified as font-lock-variable-face-name.
>
> Example:
>
>   using System;    // font-lock-type-name-face
>   using System.IO; // font-lock-variable-name-face
>
> To be consistent internally, and with earlier implementations, all
> namespaces should be fontified using font-lock-variable-name-face.

Yeah, I agree.  I believe my plan was to make the last namespace
qualifier fontified with type-face, and the others in
variable-name-face.  It seems that didn't really work though ;)

With that idea in mind the code that fails is the second line, not the
first.

I don't have a strong preference there, so open to suggestions,
absolutely.

How does visual studio or vscode do it?

Theo

BTW, you should add CC's to the X-Debbugs-CC header, not as a normal CC.
That way I won't get CC'd until after the bug is created, and can reply
directly :)

Theo