Subject: bug#59735: 29.0.60; csharp-ts-mode: imported namespaces are fontified inconsistently

From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2022 09:35:23 +0100

When importing namespaces into your code, simple namespace-names are fontified as font-lock-type-name-face, while nested namespace-names are fontified as font-lock-variable-face-name.

Example:

  using System;    // font-lock-type-name-face
  using System.IO; // font-lock-variable-name-face

To be consistent internally, and with earlier implementations, all namespaces should be fontified using font-lock-variable-name-face.

--
Jostein

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-11-29 built on dev-jostein
Repository revision: afc7ed987b1c76f6c1f7324fa8eb7692aa8373d3
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201001
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
'configure --with-tree-sitter
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/jostein/.opam/default/lib/pkgconfig:'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nb_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nb_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: nb_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C#

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  highlight-symbol-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  nlinum-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
  treemacs-follow-mode: t
  treemacs-git-mode: t
  treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  active-region-mode: t
  ido-yes-or-no-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
  helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: (only . t)
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/jostein/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220914.2139/transient hides /home/jostein/build/emacs/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml
rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-enc
xmltok yaml-mode mule-util helm-bookmark helm-net helm-adaptive
magit-bookmark treemacs-bookmarks bookmark goto-addr bug-reference
tabify executable csharp-mode cc-langs helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval
helm-info magit-extras flyspell ispell sgml-mode facemenu dired-aux
ede/dired misearch multi-isearch vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view vc face-remap magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode git-commit
log-edit message sendmail yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util magit-core
magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor
magit-mode transient magit-git magit-base magit-section crm compat-27
compat-26 lsp-diagnostics lsp-headerline lsp-icons lsp-modeline view
vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher disp-table elec-pair typescript-ts-mode
js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle
editorconfig-fnmatch winner tramp-archive tramp-gvfs tramp-cache
warnings time-stamp zeroconf dbus add-log lsp-zig lsp-steep lsp-svelte
lsp-sqls lsp-ruby-syntax-tree lsp-yaml lsp-xml lsp-vimscript lsp-vhdl
lsp-volar lsp-vetur lsp-html lsp-verilog lsp-vala lsp-v lsp-typeprof
lsp-ttcn3 lsp-toml lsp-terraform lsp-tex lsp-sorbet lsp-solargraph
lsp-rust lsp-rf lsp-remark lsp-racket lsp-r lsp-purescript lsp-pylsp
lsp-pyls lsp-php lsp-pls lsp-perlnavigator lsp-perl lsp-openscad
lsp-ocaml lsp-magik lsp-nix lsp-nim lsp-nginx lsp-mint lsp-marksman
lsp-markdown lsp-lua lsp-kotlin lsp-json lsp-javascript lsp-idris
lsp-haxe lsp-groovy lsp-hack lsp-graphql lsp-gleam lsp-go lsp-completion
lsp-gdscript lsp-fsharp lsp-fortran lsp-eslint lsp-erlang lsp-emmet
lsp-elixir lsp-elm lsp-dockerfile lsp-dhall lsp-d lsp-css lsp-csharp
gnutls lsp-crystal lsp-cmake lsp-clojure lsp-semantic-tokens lsp-clangd
lsp-beancount lsp-bash lsp-ansible lsp-angular lsp-ada lsp-actionscript
ido-completing-read+ memoize minibuf-eldef elisp-slime-nav paredit
editorconfig realgud realgud-zshdb realgud:zshdb-track-mode
realgud:zshdb-core realgud:zshdb-init realgud-trepan3k
realgud:trepan3k-track-mode realgud:trepan3k-core realgud:trepan3k-init
realgud-trepan2 realgud:trepan2-track-mode realgud:trepan2-core
realgud:trepan2-init realgud-trepanpl realgud:trepanpl-track-mode
realgud:trepanpl-core realgud:trepanpl-init realgud-trepanjs
realgud:trepanjs-track-mode realgud:trepanjs-core realgud:trepanjs-init
realgud-lang-js realgud-trepan realgud:trepan-track-mode
realgud:trepan-core realgud:trepan-init realgud-remake
realgud:remake-track-mode realgud:remake-core realgud:remake-init
realgud-rdebug realgud-rdebug-track-mode realgud-rdebug-core
realgud-rdebug-init realgud-lang-ruby realgud-perldb
realgud:perldb-track-mode realgud:perldb-core realgud:perldb-init
realgud-lang-perl realgud-pdb realgud:pdb-track-mode realgud:pdb-core
realgud:pdb-init realgud-lang-python python treesit realgud-kshdb
realgud:kshdb-track-mode realgud:kshdb-core realgud:kshdb-init
realgud-gub realgud:gub-track-mode realgud:gub-core realgud:gub-init
realgud-gdb realgud:gdb-track-mode realgud:gdb-init realgud:gdb-core
realgud-bashdb realgud:bashdb-track-mode realgud:bashdb-core
realgud:bashdb-init realgud-lang-posix-shell realgud:run
realgud-locals-mode realgud-breakpoint-mode realgud-backtrack-mode
realgud-track-mode realgud-backtrace-mode realgud-attach
realgud-lang-java realgud-track realgud-shortkey realgud-menu
realgud-eval realgud-cmds realgud-send realgud-window realgud-utils
eshell realgud-init realgud-file realgud-core realgud-reset
realgud-buffer-helper realgud-buffer-breakpoint realgud-buffer-backtrace
realgud-locals realgud-buffer-locals realgud-buffer-command
realgud-buffer-info realgud-lochist realgud-bp realgud-bp-image-data
realgud-lang esh-mode esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg
esh-module esh-groups esh-util cus-start realgud-loc
realgud-buffer-source realgud-key key realgud-follow realgud-fringe
realgud-helper loc-changes realgud-regexp realgud-custom load-relative
flycheck highlight-symbol which-func edebug debug backtrace nlinum linum
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company-web-html company-web company-css
web-completion-data company eww url-queue shr pixel-fill kinsoku
url-file svg mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util
mail-prsvr ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/detect ede/base ede/auto
ede/source eieio-base eieio-speedbar speedbar ezimage dframe
eieio-custom cedet dap-mouse dap-ui lsp-treemacs lsp-treemacs-themes
treemacs treemacs-header-line treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode
treemacs-interface treemacs-extensions treemacs-mouse-interface
treemacs-tags treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode
treemacs-follow-mode treemacs-rendering treemacs-annotations
treemacs-async treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator treemacs-scope pulse treemacs-faces
treemacs-icons treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros gdb-mi bindat
gud bui bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history bui-button
bui-utils lsp-lens dap-gdb-lldb dap-netcore dap-node dap-utils dom xml
dap-pwsh lsp-pwsh dap-python dap-mode dap-tasks dap-launch lsp-docker
yaml posframe dap-overlays undo-tree diff queue doom-modeline
doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core shrink-path
compat compat-macs projectile lisp-mnt grep ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs helm-imenu ob-plantuml org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core
ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol org-keys oc org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ido-yes-or-no ido
helm-mode helm-misc helm-files image-dired image-dired-tags
image-dired-external image-dired-util xdg image-mode dired
dired-loaddefs exif tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
cus-edit pp cus-load files-x tramp-compat parse-time iso8601 time-date
ls-lisp helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep
helm-regexp format-spec helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm
helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu edmacro kmacro helm-core easy-mmode
async-bytecomp helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib async helm-config
delsel cl-extra autorevert server powershell advice shell pcomplete
hl-line lsp-mode lsp-protocol yasnippet help-mode xref project
tree-widget wid-edit spinner pcase network-stream puny nsm markdown-mode
color thingatpt noutline outline icons lv inline imenu ht filenotify f
f-shortdoc shortdoc s ewoc epg rfc6068 epg-config dash dracula-theme
compile-eslint compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color
ring cl finder-inf tree-sitter-indent-autoloads ido-yes-or-no-autoloads
nodejs-repl-autoloads marmalade-client-autoloads editorconfig-autoloads
elisp-slime-nav-autoloads dracula-theme-autoloads crontab-mode-autoloads
highlight-symbol-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads cargo-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads tree-sitter-langs-autoloads
ssh-config-mode-autoloads langtool-autoloads kv-autoloads
powershell-autoloads toml-mode-autoloads company-web-autoloads
realgud-autoloads realgud-recursive-autoloads load-relative-autoloads
web-mode-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads lsp-docker-autoloads
yaml-autoloads bui-autoloads flycheck-package-autoloads
package-lint-autoloads git-timemachine-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads gh-autoloads marshal-autoloads logito-autoloads
pcache-autoloads nlinum-autoloads helpful-autoloads elisp-refs-autoloads
loc-changes-autoloads flycheck-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads
lsp-treemacs-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads
posframe-autoloads hydra-autoloads paredit-autoloads undo-tree-autoloads
queue-autoloads ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads bmx-mode-autoloads
company-autoloads doom-modeline-autoloads shrink-path-autoloads
test-simple-autoloads web-autoloads ido-completing-read+-autoloads
memoize-autoloads imenu-anywhere-autoloads helm-projectile-autoloads
projectile-autoloads helm-autoloads popup-autoloads helm-core-autoloads
async-autoloads tree-sitter-autoloads tsc-autoloads js2-mode-autoloads
epl-autoloads json-mode-autoloads rx json-snatcher-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads transient-autoloads
compat-autoloads web-completion-data-autoloads pfuture-autoloads
macrostep-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads lv-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads spinner-autoloads ht-autoloads f-autoloads
s-autoloads info dash-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 863445 96197)
(symbols 48 62976 1)
(strings 32 242825 31153)
(string-bytes 1 7336452)
(vectors 16 170595)
(vector-slots 8 4954842 188136)
(floats 8 581 517)
(intervals 56 37305 1585)
(buffers 992 80))

--
Vennlig hilsen
Jostein Kjønigsen

[email-masked] 🍵 [email-masked]
https://jostein.kjønigsen.no <https://jostein.xn--kjnigsen-64a.no/>