Subject: bug#59734: closed (Re: bug#59734: 30.0.50; (void-function vc-git--run-command-string))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 15:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#59734: 30.0.50; (void-function vc-git--run-command-string)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
59734: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59734
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#59734: 30.0.50; (void-function vc-git--run-command-string)
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 17:09:53 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 02/12/2022 15:45, Manuel Uberti via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the 
Swiss army knife of text editors wrote:
> On 02/12/22 03:07, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
>> Thanks for the report. Should be fixed now on the emacs-29 branch 
>> (will be synced to master in due time), please test if you can, commit 
>> 3bccef6f52.
> 
> Thank you, your fix works as expected.
> 
>> For a quick fix, though, you can add (require 'vc-git) to your init 
>> script.
> 
> I got your fix first. 😄
> 
> 
> This ticket can be closed.

Thanks, closing.

Subject: 30.0.50; (void-function vc-git--run-command-string)
From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 09:13:12 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

if I do the following:

- emacs -Q
- M-x toggle-debug-on-error
- C-x p p
- Select an existing Git-versioned project (e.g., my .emacs.d)
- f

I get the following error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function vc-git--run-command-string)
   vc-git--run-command-string(nil "ls-files" "-z" "-c" 
"--exclude-standard" "-o")
   project--vc-list-files("~/.emacs.d/" Git nil)
   #f(compiled-function (dir) #<bytecode -0x9d3c2ffcbf88a6d>)("~/.emacs.d/")
   mapcan(#f(compiled-function (dir) #<bytecode -0x9d3c2ffcbf88a6d>) 
("~/.emacs.d/"))
   #f(compiled-function (project &optional dirs) #<bytecode 
0xd758b3849e25129>)((vc Git "~/.emacs.d/") ("~/.emacs.d/"))
   apply(#f(compiled-function (project &optional dirs) #<bytecode 
0xd758b3849e25129>) (vc Git "~/.emacs.d/") ("~/.emacs.d/"))
   project-files((vc Git "~/.emacs.d/") ("~/.emacs.d/"))
   project-find-file-in(nil ("~/.emacs.d/") (vc Git "~/.emacs.d/") nil)
   project-find-file(nil)
   funcall-interactively(project-find-file nil)
   project-switch-project("~/.emacs.d/")
   funcall-interactively(project-switch-project "~/.emacs.d/")
   call-interactively(project-switch-project nil nil)
   command-execute(project-switch-project)

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-12-01 built on baruch
Repository revision: ff64a85b2db11b57dda8be0fa0b749870d353590
Repository branch: master
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
  'configure --with-native-compilation --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_GB.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MONETARY: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns
radix-tree cl-print debug backtrace find-func cus-start cus-load
thingatpt vc-svn project byte-opt comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x
rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp
byte-compile rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win
pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 98240 5995)
  (symbols 48 8715 0)
  (strings 32 24180 1240)
  (string-bytes 1 693920)
  (vectors 16 16632)
  (vector-slots 8 294481 13500)
  (floats 8 36 88)
  (intervals 56 371 0)
  (buffers 984 13))

-- 
Manuel Uberti
https://manueluberti.eu