Subject: bug#59733: 29.0.50; unrespnsive Xaw menus

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2022 14:36:59 +0800

Madhu <[email-masked]> writes:

> [Maybe this can be done on the same machine with xpra. Right now I'm
> set up walking between two rooms...  it's tricky as the frame display
> can lock up and the process has to be killed.]

You're welcome to try, but my gut feeling is that it won't work.  Thanks
for going through all that trouble to debug this!

> The upshot is XtGrabPointer returns 0 and the menu becomes unresponsive[1]
>
> When it works, i.e. when XtGrabPointer returns True, It seems I'm not
> able to step into XtGrabPointer as `s' puts me on the next line of
> pop_up_menu.

If XtGrabPointer returns a non-zero value, then it means obtaining the
grab failed.  Exactly which non-zero value does it return?  Do the menus
start working if you comment out the call to "XtGrabPointer" entirely?

The relevant return codes are:

        #define GrabSuccess		0
        #define AlreadyGrabbed		1
        #define GrabInvalidTime		2
        #define GrabNotViewable		3
        #define GrabFrozen		4

> PS (can the typo in the Subject line be fixed)

Yes, as long as you keep the "bug#" intact.