Subject: bug#59722: 30.0.50; project-find-regexp searches project-ignored files

From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2022 00:20:45 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi! 'project-ignores' is not a variable, it's a generic function.

Oops!  Correct.

> What backend are you using? If it's (most likely) project-vc, then the
> variable you must be looking for is 'project-vc-ignores'.

I do use the Git (VC) backend.  Correction:

When I set the dir locals file to

    ((nil . ((project-vc-ignores . ("apps/**/*.scm")))))

I face the problem where C-x p f ignores the files in the "apps"
directory, as expected, but C-x p g does not.

[The "apps" directory in question contains symbolic links that make
Ripgrep, invoked via C-x p g, see various files multiple times,
resulting in what looks like "chaos".]

I apologize for the confusion!

Rudy
-- 
"The introduction of suitable abstractions is our only mental aid to
organize and master complexity."
-- Edsger Wybe Dijkstra, 1930-2002

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia