Subject: bug#59715: 28.2; Emacs crashes after ``turkish-case-conversion-enable''

From: YUSUF ALPER ÇIKIŞIR <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2022 16:21:21 +0300

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think there's some caching involved.  Can you do whatever is needed to
> force Fontconfig to refresh its caches?  And maybe also restart the system,
> in case X also caches stuff?

After cleaning fontconfig cache, rerunning "fc-cache -f -v", and
restarting the system, it's still the same.  Are you sure that's the
main reason?

> An alternative is to define a set-language-environment-hook function which
> calls turkish-case-conversion-disable, to undo the
> turkish-case-conversion-enable call when the Turkish language environment is
> turned on.  You will lose the case-conversions of İ and ı, and if these are
> needed will need to type them by hand.  But at least you will be able to
> start Emacs and use it reliably.

Well, that was pretty much the only facility which I use by setting the
language environment.

> I will try to think about a cleaner solution to this.  It isn't easy.

Thank you for your help.  I can migrate to different fonts by virtue of
this bug. :-)