Subject: bug#59715: 28.2; Emacs crashes after ``turkish-case-conversion-enable''

From: YUSUF ALPER ÇIKIŞIR <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2022 15:46:13 +0300

> Thanks.  I think I know what happens.  It's the problem with down-casing
> Iosevka in your locale, which produces "ıosevka", with the first letter
> being dotless i.  And that down-cased name doesn't match anything.
>
> Hmm...

That's hilarious.  I mean, I'm not writing "Iosevka".  Why does it need
to do something like this in the first place?

> One way to work around this tricky issue is to specify the font in all
> lower-case characters to begin with.
>
> How do you tell Emacs to use Iosevka as the default font?

I had:

<alias>
  <family>monospace</family>
  <prefer>
    <family>Iosevka Comfy</family>
  </prefer>
  <default><family>Iosevka Comfy</family></default>
</alias>

in ~/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf file.  I've changed "Iosevka Comfy"
with "iosevka comfy".  I had also "Emacs.font: Iosevka Comfy-10" in
~/.Xresources file.  I've also changed it with "iosevka comfy-10".

But unfortunately, it's still the same.