Subject: bug#59714: 30.0.50; (void-function cl-letf)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 18:57:55 +0200

> Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 17:06:37 +0100
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
> 
>  > Why is this a problem?  Before you evaluate the offending
>  > expression, (featurep 'cl-lib) yields nil, after that it
>  > yields t (because Emacs needed to load that package).  I
>  > don't see what is wrong here.
> 
> As Augusto said, I was expecting the macro to be autoloaded and thus 
> with no need to require `cl-lib` explicitly to use it.

Thanks, but that was not clear from your original report, in which you
presented two invocations without any explanations.  As I now understand,
the first invocation, which signaled an error, and the fact that cl-letf is
supposed to be autoloaded (which you didn't mention at all) should have been
enough to explain the issue.

Please try in the future to post the relevant details when you report an
issue, to facilitate faster handling and to avoid unnecessary confusion and
email exchange.

TIA