Subject: Re: bug#59703: 29.0.50; Emacs crashes when turning treesit-explore-mode on with some C++ code

From: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 11:52:00 +0100

Daniel Martín <[email-masked]> writes:

> Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> It doesn't crash here.  I remember there were some crashes with fairly
>> new versions of tree-sitter.  When I used the version provided in apt
>> the crashes disappeared.  I have version 20.3 now.
>>
>> Could that be what's causing this issue?
>>
>
> Did you try to move the point after the last step?  It doesn't crash for
> me when I enable treesit-explore-mode, but it does as soon as I move the
> point upwards a bit by pressing C-p repeatedly.
>

Yeah, and that's what I was experiencing earlier as well.  IIRC the
version I used was a compile from master, and was tagged with 20.7.  So
my 2 cents would be either a bug in treesitter upstream, or some new api
that we don't support yet.  I didn't do too much digging at the time
because I had several other patches in the loop and wanted to continue
working on those:)

Hope this helps,
Theo