Subject: bug#59703: 29.0.50; Emacs crashes when turning treesit-explore-mode on with some C++ code

From: Daniel Martín <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 11:44:43 +0100

Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]> writes:

> It doesn't crash here.  I remember there were some crashes with fairly
> new versions of tree-sitter.  When I used the version provided in apt
> the crashes disappeared.  I have version 20.3 now.
>
> Could that be what's causing this issue?
>

Did you try to move the point after the last step?  It doesn't crash for
me when I enable treesit-explore-mode, but it does as soon as I move the
point upwards a bit by pressing C-p repeatedly.

I'm using Tree-sitter version 0.20.6.

Here's the full details of my Emacs build:

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS
 appkit-2113.60 Version 12.6 (Build 21G115)) of 2022-11-29 built on
 Daniels-MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: f6aa7c335fb848a27934aa31b2012c511d6f1b19
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.6

Configured using:
 'configure -C --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3'
 CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/openjdk@11/include'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GLIB GNUTLS JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 36829 7587)
 (symbols 48 5070 0)
 (strings 32 12596 1478)
 (string-bytes 1 354146)
 (vectors 16 10262)
 (vector-slots 8 153161 11986)
 (floats 8 21 23)
 (intervals 56 206 0)
 (buffers 992 10))