Subject: bug#59691: closed (Re: bug#59691: 29.0.60; typescript-ts-mode: any HTML-like elements causes fontification to become invalid and remaining parse-tree to become jsx-expression)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 06:39:02 +0000

Your bug report

#59691: 29.0.60; typescript-ts-mode: any HTML-like elements causes fontification to become invalid and remaining parse-tree to become jsx-expression

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
59691: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59691
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#59691: 29.0.60; typescript-ts-mode: any HTML-like elements causes fontification to become invalid and remaining parse-tree to become jsx-expression
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 08:38:21 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 22:28:36 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
> 
> I still see some errors in TSX-code I can't recall seing in the old mode 
> (and I might report those issues, once I have time to collect more 
> accurate data on them), but for now I definitely think what we have here 
> warrants marking this particular bug as closed. :)

Closing.

Btw, you can always close yourself, by sending to the NNN-done address, as I
did here.

Subject: 29.0.60; typescript-ts-mode: any HTML-like elements causes fontification to become invalid and remaining parse-tree to become jsx-expression
From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 21:02:47 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I:
=======

1. Create a new TS-file, activate typescript-ts-mode
2. Write any text or code with HTML-like qualities.
3. Write more text or code

I experience that:
==================

The fontification after this point is permanently incorrect.

Instead I expected that:
========================

Fontification to remain correct.

Examples:
=========

To trigger this bug you only need to include HTML-like constructs in
a string:

     const example = "<123>";

Or just use a TypeScript hard casts:

     const result = <IService>service;

After this point the remaining parse-tree becomes invalid, because the
remaining parse-tree is not reported as a jsx-expreesion.

--

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.34, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-11-29 built on ThinkPad-T14s
Repository revision: c43cdfd639518c5f2e7e7cbbaf1eca40ac957eb0
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201003
System Description: Ubuntu 22.10

Configured using:
  'configure --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nb_NO.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nb_NO.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: nb_NO.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: TypeScript

Minor modes in effect:
   global-git-commit-mode: t
   magit-auto-revert-mode: t
   lsp-diagnostics-mode: t
   lsp-headerline-breadcrumb-mode: t
   lsp-modeline-workspace-status-mode: t
   lsp-modeline-diagnostics-mode: t
   lsp-modeline-code-actions-mode: t
   electric-pair-mode: t
   treesit-explore-mode: t
   lsp-completion-mode: t
   editorconfig-mode: t
   flycheck-mode: t
   which-function-mode: t
   nlinum-mode: t
   company-mode: t
   global-ede-mode: t
   dap-tooltip-mode: t
   dap-ui-many-windows-mode: t
   dap-ui-controls-mode: t
   dap-ui-mode: t
   treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
   treemacs-follow-mode: t
   treemacs-git-mode: t
   treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
   dap-auto-configure-mode: t
   dap-mode: t
   global-undo-tree-mode: t
   undo-tree-mode: t
   doom-modeline-mode: t
   projectile-mode: t
   ido-yes-or-no-mode: t
   helm-mode: t
   helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
   helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
   async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   global-auto-revert-mode: t
   server-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   global-hl-line-mode: t
   lsp-managed-mode: t
   lsp-mode: t
   yas-global-mode: t
   yas-minor-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/jostein/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20221127.2242/transient hides 
/home/jostein/build/emacs/lisp/transient
/home/jostein/.emacs.d/elpa/eglot-20221020.1010/eglot hides 
/home/jostein/build/emacs/lisp/progmodes/eglot

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug typescript-ts-mode js git-rebase vc-hg vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view vc bug-reference
magit-extras magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode git-commit log-edit message
sendmail yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode transient magit-git
magit-base magit-section crm compat-27 compat-26 dired-aux ede/dired
flyspell ispell mule-util executable misearch multi-isearch
helm-bookmark helm-net helm-adaptive treemacs-bookmarks treemacs-tags
bookmark lsp-diagnostics lsp-headerline lsp-icons lsp-modeline
face-remap mail-extr helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval helm-info view
vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher disp-table elec-pair csharp-mode treesit
cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs winner ffap tramp-archive tramp-gvfs
tramp-cache warnings time-stamp zeroconf dbus add-log lsp-zig lsp-steep
lsp-svelte lsp-sqls lsp-ruby-syntax-tree lsp-yaml lsp-xml lsp-vimscript
lsp-vhdl lsp-volar lsp-vetur lsp-html lsp-verilog lsp-vala lsp-v
lsp-typeprof lsp-ttcn3 lsp-toml lsp-terraform lsp-tex lsp-sorbet
lsp-solargraph lsp-rust lsp-rf lsp-remark lsp-racket lsp-r
lsp-purescript lsp-pylsp lsp-pyls lsp-php lsp-pls lsp-perlnavigator
lsp-perl lsp-openscad lsp-ocaml lsp-magik lsp-nix lsp-nim lsp-nginx
lsp-mint lsp-marksman lsp-markdown lsp-lua lsp-kotlin lsp-json
lsp-javascript lsp-idris lsp-haxe lsp-groovy lsp-hack lsp-graphql
lsp-gleam lsp-go lsp-completion lsp-gdscript lsp-fsharp lsp-fortran
lsp-eslint lsp-erlang lsp-emmet lsp-elixir lsp-elm lsp-dockerfile
lsp-dhall lsp-d lsp-css lsp-csharp gnutls lsp-crystal lsp-cmake
lsp-clojure lsp-semantic-tokens lsp-clangd lsp-beancount lsp-bash
lsp-astro lsp-ansible lsp-angular lsp-ada lsp-actionscript
ido-completing-read+ memoize minibuf-eldef elisp-slime-nav paredit
editorconfig editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle
editorconfig-fnmatch flycheck highlight-symbol which-func edebug debug
backtrace nlinum linum company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
etags fileloop generator company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake
company-semantic company-template company-bbdb company-web-html
company-web company-css web-completion-data company eww url-queue shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util
mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr ede/speedbar ede/files ede
ede/detect ede/base ede/auto ede/source eieio-base eieio-speedbar
speedbar ezimage dframe eieio-custom cedet dap-mouse dap-ui lsp-treemacs
lsp-treemacs-generic lsp-treemacs-themes treemacs-treelib treemacs
treemacs-header-line treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode
treemacs-interface treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode
treemacs-follow-mode treemacs-rendering treemacs-annotations
treemacs-async treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator treemacs-scope pulse treemacs-faces
treemacs-icons treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros gdb-mi bindat
gud bui bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history bui-button
bui-utils lsp-lens dap-gdb-lldb dap-netcore dap-node dap-utils dom xml
dap-pwsh lsp-pwsh dap-python dap-mode dap-tasks dap-launch lsp-docker
yaml posframe dap-overlays undo-tree diff queue doom-modeline
doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core
all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons
data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons shrink-path
compat compat-macs projectile lisp-mnt grep ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs helm-imenu ob-plantuml org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core
ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol org-keys oc org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ido-yes-or-no ido
helm-mode helm-misc helm-files image-dired image-dired-tags
image-dired-external image-dired-util xdg image-mode dired
dired-loaddefs exif tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
cus-edit pp cus-load files-x tramp-compat parse-time iso8601 time-date
ls-lisp helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep
helm-regexp format-spec helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm
helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu edmacro kmacro helm-core easy-mmode
async-bytecomp helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib async helm-config
delsel cl-extra autorevert server powershell advice shell pcomplete
hl-line lsp-mode lsp-protocol yasnippet help-mode xref project
tree-widget wid-edit spinner pcase network-stream puny nsm markdown-mode
color thingatpt noutline outline icons lv inline imenu ht filenotify f
f-shortdoc shortdoc s ewoc epg rfc6068 epg-config dash dracula-theme
compile-eslint compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color
ring cl finder-inf git-timemachine-autoloads rx
helm-projectile-autoloads expand-region-autoloads
all-the-icons-autoloads dracula-theme-autoloads eglot-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads tree-sitter-langs-autoloads
projectile-autoloads nlinum-autoloads doom-modeline-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads editorconfig-autoloads helm-autoloads
helm-core-autoloads async-autoloads assess-autoloads m-buffer-autoloads
cargo-autoloads package-lint-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
company-autoloads magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
web-mode-autoloads paredit-autoloads helpful-autoloads
elisp-refs-autoloads js2-mode-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
powershell-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads lsp-docker-autoloads
yaml-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads treemacs-autoloads
posframe-autoloads hydra-autoloads pfuture-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads ht-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads transient-autoloads compat-autoloads
pcache-autoloads f-autoloads popup-autoloads s-autoloads info
dash-autoloads macrostep-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 707483 89040)
  (symbols 48 57220 127)
  (strings 32 225052 10207)
  (string-bytes 1 6824489)
  (vectors 16 145796)
  (vector-slots 8 2442138 178412)
  (floats 8 1069 547)
  (intervals 56 14048 1723)
  (buffers 992 52))

-- 
Vennlig hilsen
*Jostein Kjønigsen*

[email-masked] 🍵 [email-masked]
https://jostein.kjønigsen.no <https://jostein.kjønigsen.no>