Subject: bug#59691: 29.0.60; typescript-ts-mode: any HTML-like elements causes fontification to become invalid and remaining parse-tree to become jsx-expression

From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 22:28:36 +0100

>> Cool. I applied the patch, thanks Theo! I changed 
>> typescript-ts-mode—base-mode to typescript-ts-base-mode, since I 
>> don’t think anyone has strong opinions about its naming, and 
>> typescript-ts-base-mode is more consistent with other tree-sitter 
>> base modes.
>> Yuan
> Thanks!  I believe this can be closed.  What do you think, Jostein?
>
> Theo

Hey guys.

Amazing work! Sorry for being somewhat slow wrt to testing.

I had to rebuild some tree-sitter libraries, and the build-code in 
admin/notes/tree-sitter/ seemingly didn't work out of the box for both 
plain typescript and tsx. Yadda, yadda, yadda. I've modified the scripts 
to also build for typescript/tsx. Do you wan't me to send in a patch for 
that, Yuan?

Back to the point: Either way, I've tested both TS-code and TSX-code 
now, and it seems to work much better.

I still see some errors in TSX-code I can't recall seing in the old mode 
(and I might report those issues, once I have time to collect more 
accurate data on them), but for now I definitely think what we have here 
warrants marking this particular bug as closed. :)

--
Jostein