Subject: Re: bug#59688: [PATCH] gnu: Add zls

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 12:08:28 +0100

Hi Mája,

Mája Tomášek <[email-masked]> skribis:

> this is a patch that adds the zls - zig language server. It is not currently
> the most recent version, as the project follows versions of zig itself, which
> is in guix one version behind. (as zig became self hosted)

Could you resend the patch to [email-masked] using ‘git
send-email’ so that https://qa.guix.gnu.org can pick it up?

> ---
>  gnu/packages/zig-xyz.scm | 70 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please add the new file to gnu/local.mk.

> +    (synopsis "Zig language server")
> +    (description "Zig Language Server is a language server for the @code{zig} programming language.")

Could you expound the description a bit?  For instance, by mentioning
“Language Server Protocol (LSP)” so that there’s no ambiguity as to the
kind of “language server” we’re talking about?

> +zig-zls

You can remove this line.

Thanks in advance!

Ludo’.