Subject: bug#59662: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Add treesit--indent-defun

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 17:27:16 +0200

On 09/12/2022 17:13, Theodor Thornhill via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, 
the Swiss army knife of text editors wrote:
>>> Something like this?
>>
>> Yes. But... :-)
>>
>> I guess you can replace (regexp-opt '("comment")) with just "comment"?
>> Both regexps are equivalent, and neither uses anchoring (like \` and
>> \'). Should they have anchoring?
>>
> 
> Hehe, I did that first, but I trusted you knew some secret about that
> expression.  No, we get the names, so I think it's good.

Shouldn't trust me that much ;-)

It could be a problem if some grammar somewhere will have a node type 
called "not_comment", and the regexp will still match it. Or 
"pseudo_string", etc.

Not sure how realistic that scenario is, up to you. The authors of such 
major modes could opt for a stricted regexp individually, too.

>> The programs.texi addition should probably mention refilling too.
>>
> 
> Good point.  Will fix that.

Still not ideal: it says "refill all the lines within a defun", but the 
refilling step only touches the paragraph around point.

Also about NEWS: "textual element" is a little value; it really refills 
a single paragraph. That distinction is meaningful when a string or a 
comment are long, containing several paragraphs inside.