Subject: bug#59662: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Add treesit--indent-defun

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 16:56:37 +0200

On 09/12/2022 16:46, Theodor Thornhill wrote:
> Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> On 09/12/2022 15:24, Theodor Thornhill via Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>> the Swiss army knife of text editors wrote:
>>> Ok!  Here's the patch.  What do you all think?
>>
>> - The NEWS entry probably doesn't need to mention syntax-ppss or
>> tree-sitter. Those are just implementation details.
>>
>> - treesit-text-type-regexp could have a default value. (regexp-opt
>> '("comment")) seems popular enough.
>>
> 
> Something like this?

Yes. But... :-)

I guess you can replace (regexp-opt '("comment")) with just "comment"? 
Both regexps are equivalent, and neither uses anchoring (like \` and 
\'). Should they have anchoring?

The programs.texi addition should probably mention refilling too.

And I see some additional changes in this patch, including ones that 
improve defun navigation, font-lock and indentation, in particular in 
java-ts-mode (but also json and typescript). These changes should 
probably go to emacs-29.